outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I lol'ed when i saw this,
Its going around on facebook alot atm, its probably really old and alot of you probably already seen it.
But its a bootleg version of pokemon crystal from vietnam.
Full of many many many translation errors and is rather funny, so here it is!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_bhwCgtXg[/youtube]

enjoy, hope to make you smile

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif

We need more translations from them.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
twiztidsinz said:
Not to dispel the veil of mystery and humor... but why would a Vietnamese game be in (bad) English?
The same reason for the Chinese imported games. They are translated to sell on the Internet to make a quick buck.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hop2089 said:
There's a second part and the first made me laugh into tears. That's the worst translation work ever.
The pirated translated Pokémon Green version says Hi.

To me it looks like they tried to hard to imitate the Engrish in the Translated Pokémon green :X
It's still fun to watch regardless. but I liked ''i'm the PET proffesor'' more than ''Everyone call me ELF Monster''

EDIT: Like it was already mentioned there's a ROM link for the game at the end of that video description, it should be removed as it goes against the rules. You may release it in the form of a patch though :X

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
twiztidsinz said:
Not to dispel the veil of mystery and humor... but why would a Vietnamese game be in (bad) English?
The same reason for the Chinese imported games. They are translated to sell on the Internet to make a quick buck.

Why don't they just dump the English game and sell that?

I smell a rat.

When I lived in China, they would just sell bootlegs of the Japanese games, or the English games. No hack translations (to much work, I guess). Think of how much work it takes to translate a RPG-style game. Someone in it just for the cash won't bother. They will just clone what is already out there for a quick buck.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Schizoanalysis said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
twiztidsinz said:

Why don't they just dump the English game and sell that?

I smell a rat.

When I lived in China, they would just sell bootlegs of the Japanese games, or the English games. No hack translations (to much work, I guess). Think of how much work it takes to translate a RPG-style game. Someone in it just for the cash won't bother. They will just clone what is already out there for a quick buck.
Most likely at the time when this hack was made, the English version wasn't even out so they "Translated" it, then sold it online as the "English" Version.
I had this happen to me once when I bought Pokemon Leafgreen online. The game was filled with Engrish and half translated parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT