Gaming Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansions?

You think and "expansion" will happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaniPoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So playing through the game there has been a few things that seems a bit.. Well weird..
For instance when you look at the map of the Galar region in the game it's not obvious that the regrion is an island due to it being cropped in such a way that you dond see the entire map. It's stated by an NPC in the game that the region is an island.

If you look at the official artwork of the region you can see more of the map and there seems to be at least two islands as well as some beaches and fields that is outside the borders of the map in the game.

Next thing that is weird is that you can obtain a beast ball.. Why would you revieve a beast ball if the game don't contain anything Ultra beast related?

Also 3 legendary pokemon only? That must be the smallest amount of legendaries in a pokemon game so far.

Lastly, all the cut pokemon that doesnt exist within the game, could they be added in via an expansion?

What do you think?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren't the 3DS games constantly getting codes to unlock legendary Pokemon and such? That could easily be a thing, especially if they are raid foes.

I'm skeptical on a full expansion because Gamefreak's normal model is to just release more full-priced games. A Sword/shield "sequel" that expands the world is way more likely.

DaniPoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
why sell a 20-30$ expansion when they can sell you stabby sword and blocky shield for a full 60 bucks usd in a year?

Well, you've got a point there.

But if they are done with Sword and Shield then I will be really disappointed, Due to the lack of content.

Reactions: Solutioni9e

Solutioni9e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you've got a point there.

But if they are done with Sword and Shield then I will be really disappointed, Due to the lack of content.

Yeah the least they can do is give us an expansion. The content is lacking and I'm not too keen on the new gen 'mons.

CoupureElectrique

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would be cool if we got new “wild” areas based on older regions with “new” (old) Pokémon added. Even as paid dlc.

...but it won’t happen.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The beast ball was indeed odd. They haven't said anything about the DLC having ultra beasts though, and with all the numerous legendaries, many of them (semi-)new, that are supposed to be added, I don't think they would add in ultra beasts as well, as they do not appear to be big islands with many hours of new content, but I suppose we'll see when the time comes.
I just figured it was supposed to be a souvenir or something. Didn't really think too much about it.

I can't help but feel like they cut some content from the game in order to release it as DLC later, considering how short the games were at ~25h, with no postgame to speak of, not even any secret areas to explore. I may be completely wrong, but I can't help but feeling that way when Sword/Shield are possibly the shortest Pokemon games yet.

I have wanted Game Freak to embrace DLC for a while though, as Nintendo has been doing such a good job with it, and the postgame in Pokemon always feels short and in need of some DLC to flesh it out, except for the remakes which have a decent amount of postgame content. So this is a step in the right direction at least. And hopefully it means the end of of the third versions, or as the case is these days, third and fourth versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality