Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm positive that I scanned both of those from here last night

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-ca/discover-pokemon-using-the-qr-scanner/
So, that one with the '?' is possible to be read, but the one from this Pikachu isn't.

I'm not going to do a big post about how QR Code works, but just saying one simple thing that is common in all - that anyone can see - and that one has wrong: Around the big squares in the corners there is supposed to be a blank line around them. Also, QR Codes do not have 4 corners, they have 3 and some versions has a timing near where the fourth one was supposed to be. And stuff like that.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, that one with the '?' is possible to be read, but the one from this Pikachu isn't.

I'm not going to do a big post about how QR Code works, but just saying one simple thing that is common in all - that anyone can see - and that one has wrong: Around the big squares in the corners there is supposed to be a blank line around them. Also, QR Codes do not have 4 corners, they have 3 and some versions has a timing near where the fourth one was supposed to be. And stuff like that.

I'm telling you im positive I scanned the one with the pikachu, the game even says I have 2 codes scanned and I haven't scanned from anywhere else. The only thing I can think of is that they changed the image today?

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm telling you im positive I scanned the one with the pikachu, the game even says I have 2 codes scanned and I haven't scanned from anywhere else. The only thing I can think of is that they changed the image today?
Can be, that I do not know. All I know is that the one there right now, the one I posted, isn't readable. Not implying that you did not read a code, implying that one specifically wasn't. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude ^^" Wasn't the intention.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's simple, scan any invalid qr code -> random pokemon ^^
I already have a working code to generate specific pokedex entries.

But there is more, a 504 Byte qr code, which makes pk7 files injectable, without homebrew!
I know how to encrypt them, but i don't know yet how the format is (normal pokemon is 232 byte).

This isn't true, is it? I also see that QR type which has length 0x1EE instead of 0x60, but we don't have the private key for it -- we can only generate QRs of type 3 (Alola pokedex QRs), because that's the only QR type we have the RSA private signing key for. The others we can decrypt/verify but not generate/sign.

Last edited by SciresM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH