Hacking Pokemon Shuffle not loading after spoofing firmware

Quility

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I'm using my old 3ds (which is running the firmware Ver. 9.2.0-20E) to download a game from the eShop without updating to the latest firmware. I've used this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/) and successfully was able to access the eShop on my firmware. However, after I've downloaded Pokemon Shuffle, when I run the game, it just gets stuck on the red loading screen (picture below). The red pattern loops and nothing happens. If anyone could help in anyway that would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Kind regards

- Alex

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 2.png
    2.png
    57 KB · Views: 236

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's completely normal. And there isn't a clear solution for the moment.

Some newer app like Pokémon Shuffle and Puzzles&Dragons NEED the newer firmware to launch.
It has something to do with a new encryption in newer firmware but let save us the detail.

The spoofer let your 3DS apps think they are on the newest firmware.
It don't emulate or gives you the new firmware.

The spoofer is only a great solution for services that force you to update to access it (like eShop,Themeshop,..).
It answer the services not with your 3DS data, but with the right/newer data.

If a game needs a higher firmware in a way to use the software, You REALY need the update. You can't spoof this.

I hope this is a clear answer.

Quility

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I understand exactly what you mean. It was worth asking the question just in case.

D

Deleted User

Huh, I thought that Nintendo forcing you to update your 3DS in order to access the eShop was just a way of forcing people out of using an exploitable firmware, and not really a compatibility issue.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yep just use RXtools to use 9.7 emunand, then it will work fine, that guide is only really intended for people wanting to system transfer a o3DS to a n3DS without updating to the latest FW as you need FW's in a similar FW range to do a system transfer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes