Hacking Pokemon Scramble error

Taedirk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some of the same problems as the folks over here, only without being foolish enough to post links and get topics closed. I found a copy of Scramble easy enough. Tried it both as acquired and ran it through freethewads as region free and ntsc-u. All 3 attempts failed. The channel shows up, I get the channel splash screen, attempting to launch goes black for a second and promptly reboots to channel select screen. 4.0 + HBC, WAD Manager 1.3 (also tried 1.4 + ntsc-u and got the same problem), uninstalled through manager between attempts.

I've had no problem getting FF4:after, Mega Man 9, or, erm, Swords and Sorcery? (the cartoony rts game) to install along with dlc packs. Any suggestions?

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, installed this on NTSC wii, SM 4.0... works fine. did u try launching it from homebrew using homebrew browser?

I beat the first boss (an ivysaur) and unlocked the ability to play as him apparently. Looks like a fun game as soon as they release it in English.
The funny thing is that there is already some Engrish in the game. Example: Battle Royal instead of Battle Royale (small things even some native English speakers might not catch), unless I'm mistaken and this is the correct spelling.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the replies guys ^^ i've tried both fixed versions one just restarts the wii after clicking start and the other says this channel cannot be used T__T i'll try and install IOS 56 and i'll d/l homebrew browser, thanks for the help guys =]
oh and looking up IOS 56, i have a pal wii btw if that changes anything?
also what am i meant to download from homebrew browser to get it to wrk?

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pieman202 said:
If I may ask, can you tell me how you got past the -2011 error during WAD installation? I'm still stuck on that one. Running 4.0J, some extra IOSs/cIOSs installed, but no 56 yet.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I downloaded mine, made it region free with freethewads, and has worked fine ever since. Maybe try another download of the game (no asking where I got mine). If that doesn't work, then I don't know.

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks! I got a clean copy, put it on a new SD card, and installed IOS 56. Ironically, I think the actual issue was file corruption (hence using a new card is probably what did it for me).
On another note, I found some info on in-game codes (distributed in Japan through the usual magazine deals) on some Chinese forum. I assume I can't link there for other reasons, but here's the gist of it (translated Pokemon names for clarity):

QUOTE said:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/pokemonscramble/password/

At the stage select place, go to the red house thingie near the bottom (second row from the bottom all the way to the left). Use it, select the second option, and input any of the following passwords to unlock certain Pokemon:
1923-1298: Cherrim
2110-9011: Pikachu (Daisuki Club)
3884-9402: Rattata
5873-1954: Eevee (Daisuki Club)
6295-6406: Ninetales
6614-0248: Mew
8106-8836: Zapdos (Daisuki Club)
9236-7400: Bidoof (Daisuki Club)
9600-4319: Charizard
9966-1569: Rotom

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the fixed version of the wad, region free'd it using freethewads and installed IOS56 wad and it still doesnt work...it just brings me back to the Wii menu...

Will this only work if you are on 4.0 ?? because i am on 3.2E

Thanks

Taedirk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a copy of the (Fixed) scramble and that worked just fine for me. Applied some region free goodness to it and it launched with no problem.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pieman202 said:
Oo i'm on 3.2E as well T__T i guess it won't work

I got it working, just do a Google search for the wad done by Ransen
smile.gif

bowzerman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Ransen" is part of the name of the game in Japanese. It's the complicated kanji's reading...Ransen Pokemon Scramble...but I know which one you mean
smile.gif
just letting you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: