Pokemon Scramble error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Taedirk, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009

Pokemon Scramble error by Taedirk at 9:50 PM (1,388 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Taedirk
    OP

Newcomer Taedirk Member

United States
    I'm having some of the same problems as the folks over here, only without being foolish enough to post links and get topics closed. I found a copy of Scramble easy enough. Tried it both as acquired and ran it through freethewads as region free and ntsc-u. All 3 attempts failed. The channel shows up, I get the channel splash screen, attempting to launch goes black for a second and promptly reboots to channel select screen. 4.0 + HBC, WAD Manager 1.3 (also tried 1.4 + ntsc-u and got the same problem), uninstalled through manager between attempts.

I've had no problem getting FF4:after, Mega Man 9, or, erm, Swords and Sorcery? (the cartoony rts game) to install along with dlc packs. Any suggestions?

2. pieman202

Member pieman202 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    *bump* i'd like to know how to solve this too T__T

3. ppc_gba

Member ppc_gba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hmm, installed this on NTSC wii, SM 4.0... works fine. did u try launching it from homebrew using homebrew browser?

I beat the first boss (an ivysaur) and unlocked the ability to play as him apparently. Looks like a fun game as soon as they release it in English.
    The funny thing is that there is already some Engrish in the game. Example: Battle Royal instead of Battle Royale (small things even some native English speakers might not catch), unless I'm mistaken and this is the correct spelling.

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    do have IOS 56 ? and apparently they have a FIXED version floating around

5. pieman202

Australia
    thanks for the replies guys ^^ i've tried both fixed versions one just restarts the wii after clicking start and the other says this channel cannot be used T__T i'll try and install IOS 56 and i'll d/l homebrew browser, thanks for the help guys =]
    oh and looking up IOS 56, i have a pal wii btw if that changes anything?
    also what am i meant to download from homebrew browser to get it to wrk?

6. Tycho01

Newcomer Tycho01 Member

Netherlands
    If I may ask, can you tell me how you got past the -2011 error during WAD installation? I'm still stuck on that one. Running 4.0J, some extra IOSs/cIOSs installed, but no 56 yet.

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, I downloaded mine, made it region free with freethewads, and has worked fine ever since. Maybe try another download of the game (no asking where I got mine). If that doesn't work, then I don't know.

8. Tycho01

Newcomer Tycho01 Member

Netherlands
    Thanks! I got a clean copy, put it on a new SD card, and installed IOS 56. Ironically, I think the actual issue was file corruption (hence using a new card is probably what did it for me).
    On another note, I found some info on in-game codes (distributed in Japan through the usual magazine deals) on some Chinese forum. I assume I can't link there for other reasons, but here's the gist of it (translated Pokemon names for clarity):

9. gjac1

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I got the fixed version of the wad, region free'd it using freethewads and installed IOS56 wad and it still doesnt work...it just brings me back to the Wii menu...

Will this only work if you are on 4.0 ?? because i am on 3.2E

Thanks

10. pieman202

Australia
    Oo i'm on 3.2E as well T__T i guess it won't work

11. Taedirk
    OP

Newcomer Taedirk Member

United States
    I found a copy of the (Fixed) scramble and that worked just fine for me. Applied some region free goodness to it and it launched with no problem.

12. gjac1

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

I got it working, just do a Google search for the wad done by Ransen [​IMG]

13. bowzerman

Newcomer bowzerman Newbie

United States
    "Ransen" is part of the name of the game in Japanese. It's the complicated kanji's reading...Ransen Pokemon Scramble...but I know which one you mean [​IMG] just letting you know.