Hacking Pokemon Sapphire with Fire Linker?

KrAzY3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rydas.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a Fire Linker from Deal Extreme and followed the instructions on this site as to how to use it (thanks guys). I messed around, added a few ROMs, only finding one that didn't work. For the record I'd recommend this device, it's cheap enough to keep around as a secondary card or the like... Anyway, I remembered that I had spent some time playing Pokemon Sapphire on a emulator around the time it came out. I was curious as to whether or not I could use my old saves so I I decided to give it a try. I put the old rom on there and I also added the .sgm. Well, that didn't work, it wasn't getting past the Game Boy message. So, I tried the .sav file. Same result I believe. Then I thought ok, I'll download the rom again, thinking I might have patched the old one or something. I downloaded it again, put the .sav on there and it went to a white screen (what it did the only other time a rom didn't work) and went no further. I tried a few other things, end result was I wasn't getting Sapphire to work.

So, my two questions are:
A: Will Pokemon Sapphire work with Fire Linker? Is there a patched rom or something I have to use?
B: If so, is there any way to use the old save from Visual Boy?

Thanks in advance...

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game itself will work; however, the clock will NOT work, and all games using the type of save Pokemon does (1M Flash, I think) must be sent to the cart via the Chinese software- apparently, SPLink misreads the save type and stops the game from running completely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD