Pokemon Sapphire with Fire Linker?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by KrAzY3, Aug 15, 2007.

Aug 15, 2007
  1. KrAzY3

Newcomer KrAzY3 Member

Apr 16, 2007
    United States
    I recently got a Fire Linker from Deal Extreme and followed the instructions on this site as to how to use it (thanks guys). I messed around, added a few ROMs, only finding one that didn't work. For the record I'd recommend this device, it's cheap enough to keep around as a secondary card or the like... Anyway, I remembered that I had spent some time playing Pokemon Sapphire on a emulator around the time it came out. I was curious as to whether or not I could use my old saves so I I decided to give it a try. I put the old rom on there and I also added the .sgm. Well, that didn't work, it wasn't getting past the Game Boy message. So, I tried the .sav file. Same result I believe. Then I thought ok, I'll download the rom again, thinking I might have patched the old one or something. I downloaded it again, put the .sav on there and it went to a white screen (what it did the only other time a rom didn't work) and went no further. I tried a few other things, end result was I wasn't getting Sapphire to work.

So, my two questions are:
    A: Will Pokemon Sapphire work with Fire Linker? Is there a patched rom or something I have to use?
    B: If so, is there any way to use the old save from Visual Boy?

Thanks in advance...
  2. Vincent Vega

Member Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2006
    I think Fire Linker is not compatible with games use RTC (Real Time Clock) feature.
  3. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

Jul 6, 2007
    Michigan, USA
    United States
    The game itself will work; however, the clock will NOT work, and all games using the type of save Pokemon does (1M Flash, I think) must be sent to the cart via the Chinese software- apparently, SPLink misreads the save type and stops the game from running completely.