Pokemon Rumble U NFC data

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TechniMyoko, Aug 30, 2013.

1. TechniMyoko
    OP

TechniMyoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2012
    I hope someone can use this to decode the format, so we can tell which pokemon we get before we pay for it

Here's the data from my figures, in the format of
    (Name) (power level) (first move).xml
    None of them have second moves yet

Attached Files:

2. TechniMyoko
    OP

TechniMyoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2012
    As a note, I accidentally overwrote the data on my Pikachu using NFC launcher for Android. It would no longer show up to Pokemon Rumble U.
    I then copied the NFC data from Piplup to Pikachu, PRU then read the data as corrupt, and recovered it. It said some data would be lost like the character trait, but otherwise rebuilt it as a Pikachu with the proper power level.

I hope this can be of some use

3. Gericom

Gericom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 30, 2011
    Netherlands
    I think those pages contain the real raw data.

4. TechniMyoko
    OP

TechniMyoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2012

Yes, that is exactly what I myself copied from the NFC tags and uploaded to my website...

5. perfecteagle

perfecteagle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    United States
    I tried using an app for Android called NFC TagInfo to try to find similarities. I noticed that the UID is different for every single NFC Pokemon, even of the same type (Pikachu is different from even another Pikachu), not sure what data would help, but I have 4 characters data that I can submit if someone tells me what info they want.

6. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    I tested this but with Disney Infinity figures because i have 3 similar power discs. And indeed the UID is different for those power discs. Okay i'm out since this was off-topic

7. Kyohack

Kyohack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Each of the figures you've dumped are at least partially corrupt. To verify that a figure has been dumped successfully, please open the .xml file and look for the page index. Data pages 0-63 must be intact and without read-errors. I've had success with an Android app called NFC TagInfo on LG Optimus Elite hardware. For me, figures are more easily detected when my hardware is face-down, which makes sense because my hardware's NFC antenna is built into the battery cover.

I bought 3 figures yesterday, and ended up getting a Mewtwo, Shaymin, and Piplup. I will upload their data later today. I have plans to buy the rest of the collection, and hope to receive at least a few duplicates for research purposes.

Ironically, I don't own the game so I can't do much analysis on which data pages change when figure data is updated. I'd like to encourage anyone with the game to pick at least one of their figures and make several dumps of it throughout game-play. Notes describing stats, moves, etc. would be very helpful.

When I have time, I'd like to develop a simple app specifically for the purpose of making it easier to share Pokémon NFC figure dumps. At the very least, exchanging dumps should allow us to use stat data from figures of an identical Pokémon species. If enough dumps are made and community research makes considerable progress, I'd like to attempt to view/edit a figure's move and stat data within the app.

According to some documentation on the NFC Secure Element, it should be possible for rooted Android users to emulate entire figure dumps. This would make it possible to store large collections of figures and use them without the need to carry them around.

Attached Files:

Feroz El Mejor likes this.
  8. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    (I apologize for bumping)

What are the size of the figure's tags? (Sorry I don't have any figures to test on but I do have some blank NFC tags)

9. Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2014
    Spain
    Villa Raíz (Hoenn)
    Does someone know if these figurines can be recreated with NFC Tags 215?