ROM Hack WIP Pokemon Quest Save Editor (PQSE)

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
This option lets you enable the shiny form for the Pokemon you want. Try it out and see for yourself what it does :) Thats the best practise I guess ^^

Edit: We should probably not go online while playing this game with our modded saves right? (Wish there was a homebrew to restrict individual games access to internet)

Reactions: xSillusx

xSillusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit: We should probably not go online while playing this game with our modded saves right? (Wish there was a homebrew to restrict individual games access to internet)
You can do that yea. But I am connected to the Internet all the time, and nothing happened yet. Could be luck, or something else. Dont know ^^

Reactions: Misledz

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Technically the game doesn't need to connect to online server unless you decide to visit the eshop, from what I've noticed so far without playing with internet the game day progresses as normal like nothing happens. That and there are no friend/buddy system ingame yet, so I dont think it has any online features.

Last edited by Misledz,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Technically the game doesn't need to connect to online server unless you decide to visit the eshop, from what I've noticed so far without playing with internet the game day progresses as normal like nothing happens. That and there are no friend/buddy system ingame yet, so I dont think it has any online features.

That's a relief!

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That's a relief!
This is highly speculation but I could be wrong, this isn't a mainline Nintendo game but it is pubished by Nintendo. So they could ban you for it..but nothing in their description on website says it required internet capability. Plus they've stated here

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-quest-switch#game-info

It says 1 player, so I dont think they're adding any multiplayer/online compatibility. But it's a digital only game, so very likely you just need internet to download it.

Reactions: xSillusx and Zumoly

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
This is highly speculation but I could be wrong, this isn't a mainline Nintendo game but it is pubished by Nintendo. So they could ban you for it..but nothing in their description on website says it required internet capability. Plus they've stated here

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-quest-switch#game-info

It says 1 player, so I dont think they're adding any multiplayer/online compatibility. But it's a digital only game, so very likely you just need internet to download it.

Yeah unlike Splatoon 2 the game doesn't seem to phone home with your stats and sync them on a server.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah unlike Splatoon 2 the game doesn't seem to phone home with your stats and sync them on a server.
What I do need to confirm is if someone can confirm this for me, if someone buys the DLC, and you use their save. I'm sure there's some sort of flag that tells the game that this is some unique ID save or so, so if you were to use that persons save file on a console that has not purchased the DLC, would you get banned. Hmm.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
What I do need to confirm is if someone can confirm this for me, if someone buys the DLC, and you use their save. I'm sure there's some sort of flag that tells the game that this is some unique ID save or so, so if you were to use that persons save file on a console that has not purchased the DLC, would you get banned. Hmm.

I think @xSillusx can maybe help with that. He seems to have the DLC.

xSillusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I highly doubt it. But what I would assume is that they prompt you to update the game files cause of corruption (in Process erasing save?) Would be interesting to see, if someone can confirm. If wanted, I can upload my personal save I use for normal playthrough. If someones brave enough to test tho haha

Ordush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I highly doubt it. But what I would assume is that they prompt you to update the game files cause of corruption (in Process erasing save?) Would be interesting to see, if someone can confirm. If wanted, I can upload my personal save I use for normal playthrough. If someones brave enough to test tho haha
I just made an account here to answer that question. :)
If you load a save file from someone with the DLC, without having the DLC yourself, the stuff that you get from the DLC will just disappear.
Example: If you load a save that was made with a DLC to have all 4 cooking pots, and the 200 coin/day setup.
Onto a fresh install of pokemon quest on a new user: You get all the pokemon that the save has, but the cooking pots and the coin bonus will not be there.

How do i test this myself without homebrew?
Easy: Sign out your nintendo user that has the DLC's Log into a new account. "Download" the game from eshop (free) on the new account. Start the game.
You will notice that it uses the save from your other account, but the DLC stuff will be gone.

Conclusion: If you load a save from someone else using a DLC, unless you have the DLC yourselves. You will get everything besides the DLC content.

Reactions: Zumoly and xSillusx

xSillusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just made an account here to answer that question. :)
If you load a save file from someone with the DLC, without having the DLC yourself, the stuff that you get from the DLC will just disappear.
Example: If you load a save that was made with a DLC to have all 4 cooking pots, and the 200 coin/day setup.
Onto a fresh install of pokemon quest on a new user: You get all the pokemon that the save has, but the cooking pots and the coin bonus will not be there.

How do i test this myself without homebrew?
Easy: Sign out your nintendo user that has the DLC's Log into a new account. "Download" the game from eshop (free) on the new account. Start the game.
You will notice that it uses the save from your other account, but the DLC stuff will be gone.

Conclusion: If you load a save from someone else using a DLC, unless you have the DLC yourselves. You will get everything besides the DLC content.
Okay, so this pretty much sums up that its not possible for the Save Editor to unlock DLC stuff. Better to know, then trying to get it to work, and after that realising it doesnt. Appreciate the informations! Saves headaches :)

Last edited by xSillusx,
Reactions: Ordush

Ordush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Okay, so this pretty much sums up that its not possible for the Save Editor to unlock DLC stuff. Better to know, then trying to get it to work, and after that realising it doesnt. Appreciate the informations! Saves headaches :)
Just like you can edit pokemons, is it possible to edit move stones?
I have SO many of all the stones, besides the whack whack one. That one i only have 4 of. :O

xSillusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just like you can edit pokemons, is it possible to edit move stones?
I have SO many of all the stones, besides the whack whack one. That one i only have 4 of. :O
I thought I saw a way to edit them. They are all stored in an list. So I guess It would be possible to make a seperate Tab for stone edits. Will see how the next days turn out :)

Reactions: Ordush

slickpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I saw a way to edit them. They are all stored in an list. So I guess It would be possible to make a seperate Tab for stone edits. Will see how the next days turn out :)
Very nice. Thanks for putting this together. I tried downloading the editor from your first post. It appears to be the initial version. Can you please provide a link to the most recent version on that post please?

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, yes. This project is on hold for now. Will pick up again sometime later though. Feel like this is a great Tool and stuff. But just no time to invest in this. Sorry :(
Ah damn, I was hoping maybe you'd add a way to edit bingo bonuses and stones. Oh well, maybe when you pick it up again. Still an amazing editor, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...