Hacking Pokemon Prism CIA?

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder... why do people use the VC instead of a homebrew emulator for this game? It's frequently updated, so wouldn't running the game in an emulator be easier?

Last edited by Thunder Hawk,

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would still need to find your way through the possible different folders in your 3DS to launch it. Why launch something to launch Pokémon Prism when you can launch solely Pokémon Prism? It makes no sense.

"By default, GameYob 3DS looks for ROMs in the /gb directory of your 3DS SD card (NOT gateway's microSD card).

You can change this directory in gameyob.ini by editing these lines:

[general]
rompath=/path/to/legit/roms/"

(I don't know for sure if Prism VC was patched to handle trading yet, so I cannot say anything about that yet.)

VC - Ease of use, some save state functions, minimalistic, annoying to update, instant game launch
Emulator - For more "advanced" users, multiple save states, rom selection, easier to update games, cheats, million different other options that might be useful, etc

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really helpful for people who only have one 3DS and/or no friends who have the rom hack.
I wonder... why do people use the VC instead of a homebrew emulator for this game? It's frequently updated, so wouldn't running the game in an emulator be easier?
You asked why other people would want to use a VC version of this game. I gave one of many reasons. Just because some people don't have friends, doesn't make my point invalid....

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have problem with my emulators,all of them,when i play a rom,the exit the game(not the emulator) then chose another rom,the system will freeze it the emulator crashes.
Sega Genesis,gbc,SNES.gba.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using retroarch (ive found them to work better in their retroarch versions)
Picodrive is only a retroarch core on 3ds.

I have problem with my emulators,all of them,when i play a rom,the exit the game(not the emulator) then chose another rom,the system will freeze it the emulator crashes.
Sega Genesis,gbc,SNES.gba.
Are you using cia emulators, or homebrew?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of the pros it provides. I'm Only saying its superior in these ways (no I'm not saying its completely better than emulators, just here are the better parts of using VC):

-easy of launch, directly from home menu
-built in save states right from the touchscreen
-runs on the 3ds hardware, so 100% speed for all games
-great cosmetic for the home menu

But of course, emulators have their pros to:
-cheats
-button mapping/external controllers
-plays other titles not directly supported by the 3ds hardware, such as psx

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, the thing is when you get hit with a cease and desist, you legally cant continue on. If the dev continues, he could face jail time

Words I found funny in your reply: 'can't', 'legally', 'if', and 'could'. I guess someone could literally 'leak' their finished creation on the internet and then what? Get hit with a back-in-time-C-&-D? Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm