Pokemon Platinum Wifi Issues

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Everged, Mar 28, 2009.

Mar 28, 2009

Pokemon Platinum Wifi Issues by Everged at 6:18 AM (1,650 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Everged
    OP

Newcomer Everged Member

United Kingdom
    Hi there. At the moment I'm running Pokemon Platinum on my M3. I have no saver issues and generally things run peachey. I am however, having crashing problems when using global wifi to trade directly with other people. I can get on GTS fine and have traded stuff over it already.
    When I use trainer to trainer global wifi though, I get as far as the lobby where I pick my actions. I can see the other person, but as soon as the trade is triggered and my DS needs to communicate with theirs, I get a full on freeze. The music crashes on one sound and I can't even soft reset.
    I wrote the ROM in the manner advised on m3wiki and as of yet, I've not tried a local wifi trade. It may be worth noting that all the times I've tried to trade it's been from Platinum to Diamond.
    Has anyone else had similar problems or has anyone had success carrying out this process? I'm having trouble finding if it's a problem unique to me or if it has been happening or will happen to people and they just haven't tried it yet.

Thanks in advance.

2. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    I had the crash you spoke of, but it was when I had cheats enabled. Try to disable them, if you have any.

The cheats were: Clone cheat, and Wild Pokemon Modifier. I don't know which one it was, but Wifi ran smooth before them, and after disabling them.

3. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    had the same problem but with the jap ROM

4. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    I just was troubleshooting with my gf, and I believe the issue is cheating, as I suspected. Got the freeze crash with just the clone cheat on, with just the PMC code on, and no freeze with no cheats. So if you got em, disable cheats before your wifi business.

5. Everged
    OP

Newcomer Everged Member

United Kingdom
    I'm not using any cheats. None at all.

6. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    try deleting nds file.then get a new one aand c if it works......dont delete sav file

Posts merged

try deleting nds file.then get a new one aand c if it works......dont delete sav file

7. Everged
    OP

Newcomer Everged Member

United Kingdom
    I've also tried this. Alternating between the *snip ones. Both cause the exact same problem. Unless of course these are identical roms haha.

8. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    do u have ys menu..thats how i solved my problem..theres a guide on how to make it on this web

9. shadowmn214

Newcomer shadowmn214 Newbie

United States
    Ys menu? i guess not. but Ive tried also deleting the whole rom AND the save file, and it didn't improve. and BTW i am using the exact same rom as my cousin who can talk with her just fine. like we moved his rom directly from his M3 into my M3. his works with my friends but mine doesn't. and we work with each others just fine.

10. EvanUnisil

Member EvanUnisil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm having the exact same problem. It's in the Wifi plaza right? Downstairs of the Pokemon Center? My girlfriend and I were trying to do a lvl 100 battle against each other but every time we talk to each other it freezes.

I'm using the M3 Perfect. Does Ys menu work on that?

11. Wehttam

Newcomer Wehttam Advanced Member

United States
    I've found that platinum wifi doesn't work in m3sakura... this could be true for other firmwares as well. I think, as of right now, your only option is to wait for a firmware upgrade, or switch to another one (for m3perfect users, i believe this means a new cart...).