Pokemon Platinum save dump doesn't work on AK2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by SVCHOST, Jun 26, 2009.

Jun 26, 2009
  1. SVCHOST
    OP

Newcomer SVCHOST Member

Canada
    First off, I'm not even sure if i'm in the right section, so if i'm not, I apologize in advance.

I've dumped my Pokemon Platinum save using Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool Wifi. My goal was to be able to use my old save on my AK2i. However, the game dumps a 256kb file and the AK2i save file size for Platinum is 512kb. After doing a bit of reading, I found out that Platinum has this weird method of saving that results in only 256kb of the save being dumped. (The other half of the save file is the previous save, in case there is data corruption, it can load from this backup).

The program thinks the save file size is 256kb, however, all the save data is there. I just need the AK2i to load it somehow.

Any suggestions?

2. yeahitschris

Member yeahitschris GBAtemp Regular

United States
    are you using .sav or .nds.sav? go to system prop and look for the cheats tab, and then maybe change your save to match the one you using?

3. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Explanation about the Pokemon save system: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=583

What happens when you load the 256KB save? The game doesn't recognize it?
    Do you have another flashcart (to try to load and save with it then use the new save on AK2i)? Or you could upload your save and ask someone to do it for you. You can also try with an emulator or save converter.