Pokemon Platinum and HG issues, help?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Spacely, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Spacely
    OP

Spacely Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    Canada
    Hey i just bought my first DS so i could go back and play all the old games and remakes.

it came with an M3 RealDS + 1GB microSD card, which i now know isn't the best card at all, but hopefully i can make it work.

My problem is the same as everybody else on the internet had about 2 years ago(judging by post dates)- random black screen, and for HG/SS when i save it says "backup memory has failed, this game can be played but not saved" etc etc.

What the issue I'm having is that every fix out there has a link to some file that doesn't exist anymore.

I would really like to play HG first and foremost, but have been playing platinum due to not being able to save. I have random black screens sometimes so decided to sign up and make my own post.

I hate to be the nooby who is asking the same old question, but i have found myself completely lost and surrounded by unfamiliar and confusing stuff.

If somebody could point me in the right direction that would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
  3. Spacely
    OP

Spacely Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks for the link but the issue isn't freezing with my HG/SS its the lack of being able to save, will that fix that issue too?

4. Spacely
    OP

Spacely Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    Canada
    Anybody?