Gaming Pokemon Pikachu event 20th

MajorFoley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys just a quick question about the pikachu event thats on. I already got the Kanto pikachu before reading that you only get one of them but i was wondering if you let go of the wonder card before collecting the pikachu if you could get another one or is it a one time thing and you have to trade with someone? If i have to trade with someone my friend is willing but if i can do it via wondercard it would be easier.

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time thing. Even read about someone backing up their game pre-event and weren't able to collect another as it said it was collected already.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to receive the same event twice, it won't always work as stated above (it's situational, sometimes it will let you reset to before the event was received; sometimes you can receive it multiple times).

Anyway, the easiest solution to getting more than one is to use PKHeX and mark the wondercard as "unused" which will re-start the delivery of the pokemon from the delivery man and you can pick up another.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Instead of bothering with PkHex or anything of the sort, just grab PKSM and import all the wonder cards you want at once, simpler and can get you other nice things you might have missed too!

About people backing up their saves to get the mystery gift more than once, I'm fairly sure that unless you have linked the game to PGL you can restore the save file to get another one since PGL-registered games send a feedback when receiving mystery gifts even without synchronizing while non-registered games don't do that.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of bothering with PkHex or anything of the sort, just grab PKSM and import all the wonder cards you want at once, simpler and can get you other nice things you might have missed too!

About people backing up their saves to get the mystery gift more than once, I'm fairly sure that unless you have linked the game to PGL you can restore the save file to get another one since PGL-registered games send a feedback when receiving mystery gifts even without synchronizing while non-registered games don't do that.
You're not entirely correct. These saves carry a secure data value as well as other unique identifiers that will 100% prevent you from receiving the same gift on the same save file; PGL has nothing to do with it. As I said, this isn't always true as there have been exceptions in the past. The ONLY guaranteed way to receive a gift more than once is to start a new save or inject the wondercard manually.

Honestly, if you have the wondercard there is no reason trying to use the serial code again anyway. Just inject it again, it won't be a "clone".

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it 3 times with JKSM backup and import, it worked fine for me so I guess the exception part is true. I'll try it again whenever the next pikachu hat comes out in a few days

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You're not entirely correct. These saves carry a secure data value as well as other unique identifiers that will 100% prevent you from receiving the same gift on the same save file; PGL has nothing to do with it. As I said, this isn't always true as there have been exceptions in the past. The ONLY guaranteed way to receive a gift more than once is to start a new save or inject the wondercard manually.

Honestly, if you have the wondercard there is no reason trying to use the serial code again anyway. Just inject it again, it won't be a "clone".
I was talking about the case where you backup your savefile before receiving the event, getting it, sending it to the bank or whatever, importing the save and repeating again to get more. What prevents you from getting multiple copies of a mystery gift is both game code-side and server-side.

Tried it 3 times with JKSM backup and import, it worked fine for me so I guess the exception part is true. I'll try it again whenever the next pikachu hat comes out in a few days
Thanks for testing that out, I tested it a bit on my Sun before I registered it, good to know they didn't change that part with the updates.

MajorFoley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Whoa didnt think i'd get this many replies, well my friend is using things like that genning service but i dunno if i'd go that far, how often does nintendo/gamefreak catch those type of pokemon? I won't mind if i have to trade one kanto for hoenn since i have 2 of em.
How does JKSM work? I'm not really that far in pokemon sun/moon atm.

Last edited by MajorFoley,

astrogrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

OMG, that explains a lot. I always wondered why I was not able to get an event again on my main game after reloading a save. Sadly I first received the save on the wrong save file (since I assumed I could just get it again) but it did the whole 'you have already received this gift'. Is there anyway to get a registered game not send the feedbak?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Whoa didnt think i'd get this many replies, well my friend is using things like that genning service but i dunno if i'd go that far, how often does nintendo/gamefreak catch those type of pokemon? I won't mind if i have to trade one kanto for hoenn since i have 2 of em.
How does JKSM work? I'm not really that far in pokemon sun/moon atm.
Whats the PGL?
JKSM is an app you install with FBI or run through HBL that basically has you choose the game save you want to edit and edit it on the spot, no need to backup and restore your save or anything. You don't even need a computer, just load up the app, choose the game version you want and you can do things like gen Pokemon in your boxes, clone anything you want, inject mystery gifts (and even multiple copies of them with no problems) or special events (eg: ALL Pokemon XD events legit straight to your box), have an offline PokeBank and so on. As for PGL, it's Pokemon Global Link, that site you need to register on to use things like ranked battle spot battles, online competitions and so on. https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OMG, that explains a lot. I always wondered why I was not able to get an event again on my main game after reloading a save. Sadly I first received the save on the wrong save file (since I assumed I could just get it again) but it did the whole 'you have already received this gift'. Is there anyway to get a registered game not send the feedbak?
I think starting a new game fixes it since it unregisters your game from PGL (it changes your unique Game-ID that PGL uses), which is also why new save files can get another copy.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKSM is an app you install with FBI or run through HBL that basically has you choose the game save you want to edit and edit it on the spot, no need to backup and restore your save or anything. You don't even need a computer, just load up the app, choose the game version you want and you can do things like gen Pokemon in your boxes, clone anything you want, inject mystery gifts (and even multiple copies of them with no problems) or special events (eg: ALL Pokemon XD events legit straight to your box), have an offline PokeBank and so on. As for PGL, it's Pokemon Global Link, that site you need to register on to use things like ranked battle spot battles, online competitions and so on. https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think starting a new game fixes it since it unregisters your game from PGL (it changes your unique Game-ID that PGL uses), which is also why new save files can get another copy.
Yeah I knew what you meant and my answer is still the same. It doesn't always work because different events are flagged by the save in different ways. it all depends. Example; Alexander Hoopa you could only get one, no matter how many times you tried to reinject a save from before inputting the code. You 100% had to start a new file to get another. The first Japanese Volcanion didn't have the same "lock" I didn't even make a backup of my save, I just collected like 8 of them in a row literally back to back without turning my game off (even made a YouTube video for non-believers). So yes, I know it's possible for certain events, but it's not one way or the other guaranteed. You just to have to try.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah I knew what you meant and my answer is still the same. It doesn't always work because different events are flagged by the save in different ways. it all depends. Example; Alexander Hoopa you could only get one, no matter how many times you tried to reinject a save from before inputting the code. You 100% had to start a new file to get another. The first Japanese Volcanion didn't have the same "lock" I didn't even make a backup of my save, I just collected like 8 of them in a row literally back to back without turning my game off (even made a YouTube video for non-believers). So yes, I know it's possible for certain events, but it's not one way or the other guaranteed. You just to have to try.
It would seem you don't understand what I said at all. I didn't say that it's impossible for events to be received multiple times or that it is, I simply said that the reason you can't get more than one event even with backup and restore of the save file is because games registered to the PGL work differently. It has nothing to do with the save file. As for the "flags" or whatever for the Volcanion event, that event was problematic for the first couple days until nintendo fixed it. It's happened before proving that it's server side too, not just game-side. To sum up, what I said is that to get another event on the same game by backing up the save and restoring it, you need to not have it registered on the PGL. I didn't explore other scenarios, I was just answering a question.

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After transferring it to bank, it will NOT let you get another even with backup of save. So to get a new one you HAVE to start a new save if it's a different hat pika

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After transferring it to bank, it will NOT let you get another even with backup of save. So to get a new one you HAVE to start a new save if it's a different hat pika
You can just trade it over to someone instead and that saves you the trouble of starting over.:P

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just trade it over to someone instead and that saves you the trouble of starting over.:P
Well I'm ok since it's my moon version so I don't mind restarting over :> I would like to personally get them myself, but my account isn't attached to PGL so definitely has something possibly server side to verify, maybe it checks the serial of the system connecting to the server to get it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended