Pokemon patches ON then OFF.. save issues?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by puss2puss, Sep 3, 2018.

1. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    For pokemon utra moon, patch ''disable NFC'' :
    if i use the patch to disable NFC, then i save the game, then remove the patch, can it cause issues to my save file since it wont have the entire same code saved while it was saved with the patch?

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    What you using ? rom hack?

puss2puss likes this.
  3. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    hey there Hayato, thansk for the reply,
    nah didnt modified the game directly, just using the patch in Luma.. for now i am jsut using 'no outline' patch, but i will use 'disable NFC' for a while but i will remove it later-on, so i want to make sure my save file will be intact .

i know its less risky since it doesnt mod the files directly, but the save file can keep some info and i was wondering if the missing info it will have from removing the patch, will cause issues.

4. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You can backup save with like JKSM or Checkpoint if you are worrying about save file. I don't use any patch related to pokemon, so don't know on that.

puss2puss likes this.
  5. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    yeah i always backup my saves before testing stuff.. i learned it the hard way with Skyrim lol..
    i usually neer use patches, but this time, its a most to be able to stream UltraMoon to the PC, ntr client crashes without the NoNFC patch.. i will test it anyway :P
    have a good one, later.

6. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Don't think patch really affect save data, why don't you try it with another pokemon game and see if the data get mess up. Stream 3DS to PC is so laggy, terrible compared to like Real capture card, but Katsukity card are awful.

7. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Well I don't see any reason to test with another Pokemon game when I am testing this one :P
    And as for streaming to pc a lot of progress has been made and to be honest, with a good router and good settings on UWPStream, the lag is pretty minimal, and the quality is surprising.
    Thanks for your reply, see yah around the forum.
    Later.