POKEMON ORAS BASEHAX

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kalabit_Betlog, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Kalabit_Betlog
    OP

Kalabit_Betlog Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    So I dediced to use basehax as an entrypoint for homebrew, this is what happened.

Since I need homebrew access to inject basehax on my pokemon omega ruby, I went to my friend that can still launch homebrew.

I installed the basehax and it was successful. After that I went home to play my save file since that game doesn't have base yet. After finally getting secret power from Aarune I am now able to make secret bases.

The base name is "???????????" and that is normal. I then tried to change the base name as per instructions on the video I watched. It's supposed to enter homebrew but instead it proceeds with changing your base name.

What is wrong and why doesn't it work? Does this hax only work on the console it was installed to? My pokemon or game is a physical copy both my friend's and my n3ds are running 11.1.0-33U only that my friend's unit has a9lh installed. Thanks

2. TechyTurtle

TechyTurtle GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    MY ASS!
    I think base has only works for 11.0.3

3. sora10pls

sora10pls Official GBAtemp Trashâ„¢

Oct 25, 2015
    Canada
    This should answer your question

[​IMG]

4. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    The 11.1 update added Pokemom ORAS to their PASLR stuff. You'll either need CFW to run homebrew or wait for the payload to be updated. if you don't have a spare primary entry point you won't be able to update it I believe.

5. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    damage9 likes this.
  6. Kalabit_Betlog
    OP

Kalabit_Betlog Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    Sorry guys that was a spelling error. My friend's 3ds and mine are both 11.0.33U

UPDATE:
    So I finally installed the hax properly and it works as expected on my friend's n3ds which has arm9lh. According to a lot of people, I should be able to use my pokemon omega ruby cartridge to launch basehax on any device as long as it is also N3DS 11.0.0-33U. Knowing this, I inserted my pokemon or cartridge into my n3ds but when I try to change the name of the base, it turns to black screen, exits the pokemon game, says there was an error, then restarts the console. What am I missing guys, please help thanks

7. Wojton

Wojton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2014
    Poland
    I have a feeling that I know exactly which video was that ;) And yes, you're correct, basehaxx should work just fine on multiple systems, as long as they're the same type of 3DS and are running the same firmware - which are both true in your case. Does your friend have a different Pokemon OR/AS installed on his 3DS (like, an eShop version or .cia hack version of Pokemon OR/AS)? That could cause the installer not to recognize the right version of the game that is on your cartridge - although if thats the case, I don't know why it works for him. Try temporarily removing OR/AS updates using Settings/Data Management/Add-on content on both his and your 3DS and installing basehaxx for version 1.0 of the game. Also, put the latest Homebrew Launcher executable on the root of your SD Card: https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/boot.3dsx

Last edited by Wojton, Sep 20, 2016
  8. Kalabit_Betlog
    OP

Kalabit_Betlog Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    Thanks for replying here. I read somewhere that I need to have a team first to be able to HAVE THE ABILITY TO RENAME TEAM since it is a requirement according to the basehax website. I downloaded a new homebrew starter kit from smealum and I suppose it is the latest starter kit. I don't know what else I am missing. Maybe I'll try installing the hax on ver. 1.0 of the game. Thanks

9. Wojton

Wojton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2014
    Poland
    No you don't need the ability to rename team, I've never had it and basehaxx works just fine for me. MrNbaYoh has released an updated steelhax installer, which makes basehaxx work on 11.1 firmware (still has to be installed on 11.0 though). I suggest you try it, it might just do the trick.

10. Kalabit_Betlog
    OP

Kalabit_Betlog Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    UPDATE: It finally worked! Thanks for helping! I think the problem was the version of the game. I installed the haxx on 1.0 omega ruby while my n3ds have the version 1.4. I may now be able to downgrade my unit to install arm9lh, right? Again thank you everyone

11. Wojton

Wojton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2014
    Poland
    If you've installed basehaxx for version 1.0 and your game is version 1.4 then its obviously what caused the problem.

And no, basehaxx only gives you homebrew access, which on isnt sufficient to downgrade your firmware. The only way you can do that is either by hardmodding your 3DS or borrowing your friends 3DS, purchasing fieldunners/legends of exidia on it and performing DSiWare Downgrade.

12. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    where can i read up on what PASLR is.

13. Wojton

Wojton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2014
    Poland
    PASLR=Codebin physical memory randomization