Gaming Pokemon Not Obeying

dregnox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon follow a loyalty value
the more you use the pokemon; carry it, give it items, use abilities, use it in battle the more loyal it becomes to a max value of 255 i believe

open up the ds versions of the pokemon game in the pokesav and u can see the value. since sum pokemon evolve by "happiness" in the gba versions i assume it is the similiar setup

so if you trained a traded pokemon up and beyond your badge lvl limit it may still obey you if it has high enough loyalty

i remember i gameshark/rare candy a magikarp to lvl 100 gyarados in pokemon red(GB) and it never disobeyed me even though i had only 1 badge hehehe good old days back in grade 6 when i was only one with a gameshark and a surfing pikachu.

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
osirisFIVE said:
Frikkin' stupid First Badge is useless.

No it isn't, because without the first badge, then the second badge would be the first badge instead of the second badge.... duh.
wink.gif

Seriously, if you play the game, the badges, which you get by defeating gym leaders, coincide with opening up new areas in the region. Along the way, the Pokemon you encounter in the wild as well as when you battle against other trainers are all roughly matched to your current skill level. The trainers and wild Pokemon all get progressively harder as you work your way throught the game.

When you trade for Pokemon with levels that are above your current badge level (like that lvl 100 Mewtwo), then you have to either move up through the badge ranks before you can use it, or get your ass handed to you in battle.

Just the way GameFreak intended...

striderx

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its probably your badges--or lack there of

0 badges allows you to control a Pokemon up to Lv. 10
2 badges allows you to control a Pokemon up to Lv. 30
4 badges allows you to control a Pokemon up to Lv. 50
6 badges allows you to control a Pokemon up to Lv. 70
8 badges allows you to control a Pokemon up to any level

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm quite certain the "bond" with your pokemon(yes they try to make them look more and more like real creatures) affects their obedience.
i noticed after a while, while a traded pokemon was OVER my lvl limit it kept obeying me more consistently.

a disobeying pokemon can "disobey" in the following ways:
falling asleep.
do nothing(loafing around)(note: slakoth and slaking do this once every 2 turns, this is not disobeying but just being slow and dreamy)
disobeying orders.(performing a different attack)

i also believe the "strength" of the "bond" affects the way the pokemon disobeys

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really just depends on how long the pokemon has been with you, if you use it in battle and defeat a lot of other pokemon and make it level up
if you however let it faint every battle, it grows to resent you

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that works too but takes the fun out of the game
I only used it to get a exclusive pkm that I couldnt get in the game

Rangent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the whipping idea, or maybe shake the DS.. dont usually respond well. I miss the good ol' days o pokemon. I wish instead of having to do the whole 'pal park' they'd just have one Super-ultimate version and just have all 350+ in one game. Thinking long 150+hr game to finish though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1