pokemon migration

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by alexkun, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexkun
    OP

alexkun Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2008
    United States
    tomelilla
    Hello I'm wondering if there's a way to emulate a GBA pokemon game even though it's not in slot-2, cause I'd really to migrate some pokemon I have a R4-III Revolution upgrade for DS

2. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    The reason that people prolly haven't answered this post is because they think it is a stupid question, but we were all here at sometime.

You can't emulate a GBA Game on a Slot 1 Card because as soon as you put a Slot 1 Cartridge in, all the extra RAM that is used to run GBA games shuts down. There is no way to activate the RAM again, unless you have a Slot 2 device. If someone were to create a GBA Emu for NDS through Slot 1, it would either not launch at all or have a HUGE lag in gameplay. Thus making a Slot 1 GBA Emu, useless.

The same thing goes for the Wii because as soon as you put in a GCN game, everything that was not in the GCN, shuts down. (Extra processor, Extra RAM, movement with the wiimote, ect) that's why you must use a GCN remote when you play GCN games.

Again, the same thing goes for the new DSi. When you insert a DS Cartridge or a flashcart that forces the DSi into Backwards Compatability mode to play DS ROMs, everything new, shuts down.(Cameras, Extra RAM, Extra Processor, SD Slot, ect)

See a pattern?

3. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2007
    Croatia
    Depths of Nuclear powerplant
    You got your answer..NO WAY of doing that without slot 2 solution!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice