Gaming Pokemon Migration using EZflash V 3in1?

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Using any Pokemon DS game on an any DS flashcard( Heartgold, Diamond, etc...), I know you can transfer pokemon from a retail Pokemon GBA game. I've been playing some Pokemon GBA games on VBA such as Emerald and FireRed. Now for GBA flashcard devices, I have the ezflash 3in1 as well as EZflash 4 flashcart. Is there a way I can move my GBA roms with their .sav files and make it possible to migrate pokemon? I've tried it on my computer using the DeSmuME emulator but it is sketchy. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not... Thanks.

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can migrate pokémon from Emerald/Firered to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, using Ezflash 3in1 and a DS flashcart like Acekard 2i, but as far I know there is still no way to migrate pokémon to Heartgold/Soulsilver using roms (you can still transfer from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to Heartgold/Soulsilver anyway).

What you basically need is to write the gba rom to NOR of Ezflash 3in1, using "GBA ExpLoader" or something, and patch the DS rom using Pokepatch in case you're not using an Acekard 2i (cause it patches the roms automatically).

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I actually got it to work without pokepatch but it took so tinkering. I flashed the FireRed rom to my 3in1 to the NOR using gbaexploader. For the save of the rom that I had on vba, I used gba backup tool. I had to use the directory of saves that gba backup tool creates. My platinum rom read and transfered pokemon no problem. I haven't tried it with Heartgold but I don't think it will be necessary. Thanks for your input. :)

Taelia_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reviving this topic because it's the first result on google, and the answer to this question is simply nowhere to be found on the internet.
There are a lot of dead ends talking about PokePatch dating 7 years ago, but as of writing that tool seems to be out of commission.
I managed to do it without said patch.

Using R4 with "Wood R4 V1.62", and using EZFlash 3-in-1 with GBA_ExpLoader.
http://www.r4wood.com/pages/wood-r4-kernel.html
http://gamebrew.org/wiki/GBA_exploader

It's possible to skip ExpLoader and select your .gba file from the main Wood R4 menu, click Y, and flash to NOR; BUT you won't be able to use an existing save file. (or can you? untested)

If you already have an existing save, place your Gen 4 .nds and Gen 3 .gba file on your R4 cart, place the gba_exploader.nds on your R4 cart, and the Gen 3 .sav file in the folder as specified on the ExpLoader site.
Open ExpLoader, flash your Gen 3 pokemon to NOR, and select the .sav file to write it to SRAM.
(To test if it works, remove your R4 cart and restart your DS. The gba game should still be written to memory and you can play it from the DS main menu.

Regardless, after the Gen 3 game has been written to NOR, open your R4 again, select your Gen 4 pokemon game, and click Y. Then click Y again, and then turn on the 'Link with GBA' function.

And open your game! :D Tested with HeartGold and Platinum, both were able to PalPark an Emerald game without issues and at full speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: