Pokemon Migration using EZflash V 3in1?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by triassic911, Jun 7, 2012.

Jun 7, 2012
  1. triassic911
    OP

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Hi. Using any Pokemon DS game on an any DS flashcard( Heartgold, Diamond, etc...), I know you can transfer pokemon from a retail Pokemon GBA game. I've been playing some Pokemon GBA games on VBA such as Emerald and FireRed. Now for GBA flashcard devices, I have the ezflash 3in1 as well as EZflash 4 flashcart. Is there a way I can move my GBA roms with their .sav files and make it possible to migrate pokemon? I've tried it on my computer using the DeSmuME emulator but it is sketchy. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not... Thanks.

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    I believe there is an AR code (at least for Pokemon Platinum) that lets the game migrate from 3-in-1's, but I'm not sure HG/SS is supported.

3. Pheinte

Member Pheinte GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    You can migrate pokémon from Emerald/Firered to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, using Ezflash 3in1 and a DS flashcart like Acekard 2i, but as far I know there is still no way to migrate pokémon to Heartgold/Soulsilver using roms (you can still transfer from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to Heartgold/Soulsilver anyway).

What you basically need is to write the gba rom to NOR of Ezflash 3in1, using "GBA ExpLoader" or something, and patch the DS rom using Pokepatch in case you're not using an Acekard 2i (cause it patches the roms automatically).

4. triassic911
    OP

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    I actually got it to work without pokepatch but it took so tinkering. I flashed the FireRed rom to my 3in1 to the NOR using gbaexploader. For the save of the rom that I had on vba, I used gba backup tool. I had to use the directory of saves that gba backup tool creates. My platinum rom read and transfered pokemon no problem. I haven't tried it with Heartgold but I don't think it will be necessary. Thanks for your input. :)