Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee to omit abilities and held items

LGPE.png

To say that the Pokémon 'Let's Go' games are catering to the casual audience more than the core audience would be understating the matter. The game has only the original 151 Pokémon, removes wild battles, and now Serebii has determined yet another change in the formula for Let's Go.

After playing the game earlier today, Serebii has determined that both abilities and held items are absent. This is yet another change that may upset the more dedicated fans. Interestingly, Serebii has confirmed that IVs and EVs are still present in some form, despite being a far more complicated mechanic.

:arrow:Source

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's OK because the diehard fans will just fine a way to make this a positive and blame the exclusion on hacke---wait it's already happened right here.

Reactions: CathyRina

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Isn't the foundation of Pokémon being formulaic as ever?
Get, train, fight evolve, move to next pokémon... etc...

It's not that they just can invent new pokémon every single day. The thing is getting silly, and besides, the Pokémon series needs to keep up to date, like the others.
It's reboot time!!!

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys.. it sounds really great !
You know why? I think that Nintendo will go in 2 directions. Since the fans where bashing SM and USUM for their easy level and casual gameplay.

So my guess is that from now. Nintendo will release two Major Pokémon Games.
One being super ultra easy (Pokémon Let’s Go) for kids etc...
And One following the old formula with adding new mechanics and increase greatly the difficulty and complex and great story. For long time fans.

This is how I’m seeing it.

While i personally love that idea, i still think these are too easy even for kids, I hate stuff that treats kids like idiots, my 5 year old nephew loves playing rpgs with me, I have to help him read the dialogue but he's never had trouble picking up on the systems, he understands abilities and natures in pokemon ultra sun when we're playing, and honestly this game is probably going to be too simple for him, i understand not every kid has an older relative to teach them about games and some kids will be going in blind, but personally i feel like this is insulting to kids that like pokemon. They could have made an easier kid friendly game without stripping it of everything that makes pokemon interesting or challenging, kids want interesting and challenging stuff in their games, it's up to the developers to make content that meets the needs of their target audience and nintendo really dropped the ball this time

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to say something insightful and positive but theres not much there i was good with a updated pokemon yellow game i was ok with the limited battle system with wild pokemon because if it mixed with pokemon go they could use it to sorta supplement the game but. i think game freak is just giving up at this point. dont blame them though after so long trying to find ways to draw animals wrong and making a story that has to be both exciting and PG but mostly failing after (insert whatever gen here) id probably do what i always do with sh*t i work on for extended periods of time and get bored of. fill it with tnt and watch the fireworks a good distance away.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, it's just a spin-off anyway and it doesn't look that interesting to me, so I just don't buy it. It's like all other spin-offs, that I don't find interesting. (Pokémon Link, Pokémon Puzzle League, Pokémon Pinball, etc.)
So, if you don't like it, ignore it and please don't childishly scream at Gamefreak how different this game is. It's a spin-off. It's bound to be different.

Last edited by seseiSeki,

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it officially stated to be a new type of "core" game? I.e., not a spinoff. It's certainly getting tons more coverage than any Pokemon spinoff has gotten in the past.

(also, spinoffs don't have to be lazy baby mode games, PMD Sky says hi)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if items and abitly's are not in. then what the FUCK is IV's and EV's in the damn game?

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Guys & Gals, can't you just wait for the game to come out then you decide once the reviews are out?
I mean, you don't have to "wait" for it with hype but once it comes, check it out then hate on it once you know all the info about it.
It's pointless to express your disinterest and disappointment at this point.

IMO, they're experimenting on existing formulas to try to cater to newer younger audiences. If the release is negatively accepted, then Gamefreak and Nintendo will improve on the actual main game.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I remember a while back when they announced the game, I said that they were gonna dumb it down. Every single new announcement has confirmed this. No wild battles, absurdly easy capture system, forcing you to have a type advantage to challenge a gym, no held items or abilities, etc. They've turned it into a boring mobile game.

EDIT: why are people defending this game with "it's just a spinoff"? first, it's not, it's has been confirmed via the official pokemon twitter that it's core. Second, why does it being a spinoff forgive stupid decisions and poor design? If a new mario kart sucked, we can't just say "well, it's just a mario spinoff, ir doesnt matter so why are you compaining?". If they made metal gear gachapon adventures for phones and it sucked, we can't say "it's just a spinoff so you can't complain". It's status as a spinoff or a core game is meaningless to the quality of it. If it we don't like it then we don't like it, regardless of whether its a core game or not. If you were to say "I dont mind it because it's a spinoff", fine, but you can't just dismiss criticisms of something based on it not being part of a main series, especially if those criticisms are completely valid.

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Honestly i have no problems with stuff like that, we already knew that it's a semi-spinoff catering more to needs of children, Pokemon Go players and casuals... Downgrade of mechanics was obvious from the start.

...But then why the fuck is this game on Switch? A 300$ (according to Nintendo's website) console. Add to that the fact that the game alone will cost somewhere around 60$ and it's HILLARIOUS mistake because none of the groups mentioned above has interest or money to throw 360$ (+50$ is someone want that Pokeball bullshit with Mew + another 20$/year for online) on a gaming device they will never use to full extend. With money like that one can buy a pretty damn good smartphone and get exactly what they want and still probably have some spare cash.

Like, i know that some people will cry that "OMG NO 3DS IS DEAD YOU'RE WRONG!" or other bullshit, but this game would be perfect for what Nintendo wanted to do with 3DS and the cost would be way more reasonable for their target audience. This game has no place on Switch and will be a failure not because it's bad, but because Nintendo sucks in logical thinking as hard as Sasha Grey in her best scenes.

Last edited by Kigiru,
Reactions: Giotis
D

Deleted User

Guys & Gals, can't you just wait for the game to come out then you decide once the reviews are out?
I mean, you don't have to "wait" for it with hype but once it comes, check it out then hate on it once you know all the info about it.
It's pointless to express your disinterest and disappointment at this point.

IMO, they're experimenting on existing formulas to try to cater to newer younger audiences. If the release is negatively accepted, then Gamefreak and Nintendo will improve on the actual main game.
Nowadays we know everything about a game before we even go into it. We don't need to wait until launch in order to know it's going to be a complete and utter shitshow. It's too many mechanics being removed.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it pretty strange that they are dumbing things down this far. Most of us grew up in the R/B/Y era with little to no hand holding and over 300 bugs in the gameplay. Why aim even lower? At some point you are sacrificing actual gaming experiences with this idea that you can pander to the lowest common denominator.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's based off of Pokemon Go... i do have a sun glasses pikachu and 2 sun glasses squrtile's and i have no clue what the app is still on my phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired