Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee to omit abilities and held items

LGPE.png

To say that the Pokémon 'Let's Go' games are catering to the casual audience more than the core audience would be understating the matter. The game has only the original 151 Pokémon, removes wild battles, and now Serebii has determined yet another change in the formula for Let's Go.

After playing the game earlier today, Serebii has determined that both abilities and held items are absent. This is yet another change that may upset the more dedicated fans. Interestingly, Serebii has confirmed that IVs and EVs are still present in some form, despite being a far more complicated mechanic.

:arrow:Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can deal with no wild battles because honestly they just waste time. I rarely bothered damaging Pokemon before catching them anyway. But this one is a bummer.
I'm still getting the game though.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The salt is strong with all of you.

Remember, this isn't a game targeted at hardcore Pokemon fans. This is aimed at children, and casuals who played Pokemon Go because it was the cool thing to do. You are going to get your main series games next year. There's no reason to complain about a game that is plain and simply not made for you but for an entirely different audience.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The salt is strong with all of you.

Remember, this isn't a game targeted at hardcore Pokemon fans. This is aimed at children, and casuals who played Pokemon Go because it was the cool thing to do. You are going to get your main series games next year. There's no reason to complain about a game that is plain and simply not made for you but for an entirely different audience.
That's a pretty bad excuse actually and just insulting towards children. Kids may not understand the complicated parts like IVs and EVs (which apparently they kept,) but it's fair to say they can understand other parts like giving an item to a Pokémon. The idea that they needed to dump this game down so much is just insulting the intelligence of children. As well it's not helping them by babying them and discharging critical thinking. Kids need to be challenged and they need to learn to think critically.

Kallus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As somebody who was never into Pokemon that much, this looks like a very good game to start out with on console. The only people mad are the ones that latched onto the series and it's features and wouldn't let go until it was taken from them. Just because this game doesn't have some "features" doesn't make it any less good.

There's nothing to fuss over but things you didn't get, how about you appreciate the nice little things you did get in this game? Be positive.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I guess we'll see how their new mainline entry is treated.
You forgot that they plan to make a REAL main one in 2019.
This is aimed at the Pokémon go croud and people who will run away from the GB games since they're basically ugly by today standards.
And the lack of habilities just makes things simplier.
Also,that lack of habilities is the final nail to the coffin for me for these 2 games, SO I'll just wait until the main one.

Guys.. it sounds really great !
You know why? I think that Nintendo will go in 2 directions. Since the fans where bashing SM and USUM for their easy level and casual gameplay.

So my guess is that from now. Nintendo will release two Major Pokémon Games.
One being super ultra easy (Pokémon Let’s Go) for kids etc...
And One following the old formula with adding new mechanics and increase greatly the difficulty and complex and great story. For long time fans.

This is how I’m seeing it.

Glad I am not the only one seeing it like that.

Last edited by Xabring, , Reason: Suprise objectivity detected.

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if Lockstin's Pokemon Reboot Theory might actually be coming true? It wouldn't have been so bad, if they had scrapped IVs at least, and brought back Stat Experience. Regardless, I wasn't going to get this game anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ