Hacking Pokemon HGSS Save error, Acekard 2i, AKAIO 1.9

magpiess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have been enjoying my AK2i for years now and have never run into any issues playing games until now. Having never played a Pokemon game aside from Yellow, a friend urged me to try Soul Silver. I got the ROM from him and it booted flawlessly, no lag or freezing whatsoever. However, when I try to save, it lingers for a second, then gives me a blue screen with the following message.

Error saving data.

The backup memory has failed.
The game may be played but it is impossible to save.

Please turn off the power.

Upon restarting the game I get a similar message saying the save was deleted. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this; I've tried ROMs from several different sites, using AP patches that I found lurking this forum, I've tried the same with HeartGold, I've changed the save file to every possible file size, and still nothing works. In searching for an answer it seems literally nobody else has had this issue on the Acekard, so I'm left completely in the dark. If anyone has any ideas, please help.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This game does not need an AP patch on AKAIO1.9 and works fine here. Use a clean rom and try format the card and re copy everything over.

magpiess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I fixed it just now! I've been using a 16gig card this whole time, thinking it was the only one I had. I was laying on the floor pissed off that it just wasn't working, when I saw a very old cell phone that I haven't used in at least 7 years laying under my bed. I had considered throwing it away a few months ago but forgot. As luck would have it, there was a 1gig Sandisk inside! I formatted and installed on there, and sure enough, I can save now. I am so happy it's crazy. I'm assuming he issue was HGSS needs a FAT formatted card to save, whereas all cards over 4gb are Fat 32.

So in summary, to anyone reading this thread in the future, be sure to used FAT formatted cards on the Acekard!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1