Mana94 said:
Souldragon said:
Second theory..

When I crash with the DMA access of 8 bit

under this image

now with the 02260344
It listed 3 times :
Read below 0x8000 / / .

Now looking at the registers of the ARM9.
So my guess right now is if any of those three DMA0 go over 8 bits of information, the DMA1SAD add that 8 bit of information into it total and that causes the freeze.
Anyone gonna edit this
Sounds like the source of the AP problem!
If you want to see his pictures go back 1 page

Maybe we should find input control in the hex and set it so everytime we press a direction those three DMA0 get set to 0? I don't know if that's the easiest way to go about it though, but seems worth a test making those DMA0 not go over 8-bit to help prevent the blackscreen.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo does this all the time. I'm not really all that surprised that there's a trigger that makes the AP more severe.

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
SamAsh07 said:
It's all about a weeks time, soon everyone will give up and forget about the rom and buy the retail, just like what happened with KH BbS (PSP, JP ver) -and inevitably will happen to US KH BbS too-
Doubt that, there's already a cart that bypassed it.

If anything, everyone will give up and buy an AceKard2

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShaDeFinale said:
Mana94 said:
Souldragon said:
Second theory..

When I crash with the DMA access of 8 bit

under this image

now with the 02260344
It listed 3 times :
Read below 0x8000 / / .

Now looking at the registers of the ARM9.
So my guess right now is if any of those three DMA0 go over 8 bits of information, the DMA1SAD add that 8 bit of information into it total and that causes the freeze.
Anyone gonna edit this
Sounds like the source of the AP problem!
If you want to see his pictures go back 1 page

Maybe we should find input control in the hex and set it so everytime we press a direction those three DMA0 get set to 0? I don't know if that's the easiest way to go about it though, but seems worth a test making those DMA0 not go over 8-bit to help prevent the blackscreen.
Seems logical! Go for it!

Derpityherp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
aria said:
hey just wanted to add in, I removed the 3rd badge, moved on ahead to ecutreak, and after getting the 4th badge I'm back to freezing every 2 events. It might be all the badges past the first 2 that do it. I'm on an R4 with YSmenu.
CycloDS v1.58B here. Still have very few freezes after getting the 4th badge (removed the 3rd), and it was the case for someone else here, too. So it seems to be just you.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People thought Nintendo won with Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. We all know how that turned out. They never win if these impatient pirates actually tried being patient for once.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how about u wait and take it slowly rather than speeding up the process because if ur not careful u can miss something and get the code wrong as such for the incomplete codes.......idk i am playing the us versions with my jap savs and it works fine up until 40 minutes

ShaDeFinale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem: I don't know where the input proccessing is in the hex, and I'm too unknowleged in ASM to look for it/do it anywhere else. Animal crossing already had some stuff on how to put the codes into the hex and hook stuff so it happens when you press something else.

I'm sure there's someone more experienced who can try it though.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hero_Of_Fate said:
People thought Nintendo won with Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. We all know how that turned out. They never win if these impatient pirates actually tried being patient for once.
I do agree with that xD
I was patient with M&L:BIS and look what we got. There will probably be a fix next week, we just have to wait, patiently... again xD

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tht code prof 9 posted worked on my m3 so far it isnt freezing but ive only tried it for how long ago he posted it so 20-25 minutes

lucariolv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BankaiCero09 said:
how about u wait and take it slowly rather than speeding up the process because if ur not careful u can miss something and get the code wrong as such for the incomplete codes.......idk i am playing the us versions with my jap savs and it works fine up until 40 minutes

this guy has a point about taking it slow, you never know we could've missed something right at the beginning and maybe its not as hard as we're all making it, but you never know it might be hard, at least we'll crack it eventually
biggrin.gif

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
BankaiCero09 said:
tht code prof 9 posted worked on my m3 so far it isnt freezing but ive only tried it for how long ago he posted it so 20-25 minutes
That's lucky for you then, but you're probably not far enough in the game.
On my M3 it's ineffective.

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hero_Of_Fate said:

tell me how it turned out please

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I guess I'll dust off my Acekard 2i >.> I've kept it in my CycloDS tin since I got it. My only issue is that it has that bump under the plastic, indicating it's a clone card. Although, I bought it from RHS not long after it was release, may just be an old batch. I already updated the firmware to the one that supposedly not work on clone carts, it worked just fine and booted Soul Silver. I know this is off topic, but does it mean my cart is a real one? I'm running it on a DS lite. It also seems like the connectors don't want to connect right all the time, sometimes it wont put up so I have to take it out and put it back in.

I hope this is fixed soon, Team Cyclops doesn't seem to want to patch an unreleased game, -cry-

raenef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CamulaHikari said:
Hero_Of_Fate said:
I do agree with that xD
I was patient with M&L:BIS and look what we got. There will probably be a fix next week, we just have to wait, patiently... again xD

I doubt it'll take as long as next week.Probably a fix tonight or at the latest,Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol