Pokemon Hacking Theory - Wonder Trading

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zonark, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Zonark
    OP

Zonark GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    United States
    Theory - Wonder Trading

Packet Sniffing with wireless router.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Concept

Sniffing packet(s) of pokemon that is being sent
    Sniffing packet(s) of pokemon that is being recieved.

Turning off internet connections.

Using Visual Basic and inserting the packet(s) into a module.

Re-transmitting packet via winstock control allowing Hex-code modification via textbox to select pokemons
    specific Hex-code to be transmitted/received.

destroying originally received/transmitted pokemon, and replacing with desired pokemon.

VIEWS? COMMENTS? IDEAS?
    Please feel free to post below.

2. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    Similar is being talked about in the other thread.

Checksum error occurs, you cannot place pokemon back into the game.

3. Zonark
    OP

Zonark GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    United States
    I have done something similar to this when i was in college with Call Of Duty and kills the only issue was i would have to be host in order for it to work. Basically what I would do would target my xbox ip as the area i would be sending the packet too. I would have my laptop ready and i could type the person Gamertag i would want to get killed and press enter in which The person would randomly just die. giving who ever i wanted to have the points the points.

But what if I was able to copy the IP Address and use two routers connecting the 3ds to the second one (dd-wrt) and assigning the first one the nintendo server IP. I have sucessfully pinged the IP Address and it is coming from Redmond WA

4. mansonss

mansonss Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    United States
    Girard, Ohio
    I don't think spoofing the addresses would really solve the main problem of checksums...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice