Pokemon Green Version English Patch

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
What the different things between each version, I think all of them is same...

Your probably not a Pokemon fan but in terms of R/G/B they had different Pokemon to catch and in order to catch them all you needed a Link cable and each different version to get the Pokemon that weren't available.

In terms of newer games most different versions have different Legendary Pokemon and different locations.

D

Deleted-236924

The average Pokémon fan will not find a reason to play this.
Most would find playing the English Blue version just fine.

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
I know there are millions of people who wished Green version seen the light of day outside of Japan, so HERE it is!
YES and it's called Blue or Red...
or as last resort Yellow, since it's most unbugged version (I mean most bugs fixed) and hey a Pikachu is following You like some shadow! XD

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I'm reviving the topic since I don't want to start a new one.

Well, my question is: Is the original japanese Pokemon Green beta available as a rom through the internet? The one with the original Lavender Town music and early sprites of Pokemon. I have searched everywhere but I can't seem to find it. I'm NOT asking for the rom here, just INFO about. The 1.0 version discussed here is the later, official release. I've seen some people running the beta on Youtube, but I don't know if it's real or not.

Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?

D

Deleted-236924

I'm reviving the topic since I don't want to start a new one.

Well, my question is: Is the original japanese Pokemon Green beta available as a rom through the internet? The one with the original Lavender Town music and early sprites of Pokemon. I have searched everywhere but I can't seem to find it. I'm NOT asking for the rom here, just INFO about. The 1.0 version discussed here is the later, official release. I've seen some people running the beta on Youtube, but I don't know if it's real or not.

Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?
You do know that there's no such thing, and that the 'original' Lavender Town music is in all v1.0 ROMs while the 'original' sprites are in all Japanese Red/Green roms?

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting. I'll take it out for a spin, since I love looking at minute changes. It'll be cool to see all of those weird, unrefined sprites that only Japan got to see.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting. I'll take it out for a spin, since I love looking at minute changes. It'll be cool to see all of those weird, unrefined sprites that only Japan got to see.
Add that to your sig! :P
Spr_1g_004.png

Reactions: Chary

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
You do know that there's no such thing, and that the 'original' Lavender Town music is in all v1.0 ROMs while the 'original' sprites are in all Japanese Red/Green roms?
What I mean as original music is this:

I did a bit of searching and indeed Pokemon Green has the early sprites. However almost all the videos I found with gameplay (except the above) have a different music. More closely to the original, but not the one mentioned above.

I guess it's the very early Pokemon Green. So, is there any information about it?

D

Deleted-236924

Or maybe this is just somebody who made a rom hack to make people believe Lavender Town used to have different music...

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Or maybe this is just somebody who made a rom hack to make people believe Lavender Town used to have different music...
I thought about that too. I don't know. It seems legit to me.

Isn't there a thread where all information (facts, not creepypasta) can be assembled so we can end this once and for all?

P.S. You said that there's no "beta" of Pokemon Green and the one given to the Japanese puiblic to play-test was the 1.0 version, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1