Pokemon Green Version English Patch

loco365

Trophies
XP
KirbyBoy said:
If you want to play a horrible (But Funny) translated pokemon game play Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal
Been there, doing that. Volcano Bakemeat. :U

I might play this version. It's the only gameboy version I haven't played.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
KirbyBoy said:
If you want to play a horrible (But Funny) translated pokemon game play Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal
Been there, doing that. Volcano Bakemeat. :U

I might play this version. It's the only gameboy version I haven't played.
I know, I meant that to the people that haven't heard/played it ;D

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Oh man, that reminds me; I still have this physical cartridge with the badly translated Pokemon Green rom in it. Got it from a friend from India.

I would post pics, but my phone is dead.
tongue.gif
Which reminds me of my terribly translated Pokemon Firered..
Charmander is called Charm >.>

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Wouldn't it work better to just import the sprites and songs (whatever songs were edited for Red/Blue) into Red or Blue? I mean, that character limit is kind of stupid.

It's more work to replace images than texts.
tongue.gif

If you can supply me the programs to do that, then I'll do it ;d.

D

Deleted-236924

Sir VG said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Schlupi said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Wouldn't it work better to just import the sprites and songs (whatever songs were edited for Red/Blue) into Red or Blue? I mean, that character limit is kind of stupid.

tongue.gif

The games are virtually the same, though.

Red, maybe. Blue, no. There's a couple of major glitches that were fixed when Japan Blue was done, like the "get 2 pokemon before you get the Pokedex and the game won't let you continue" glitch. I also believe the Dokokashira door glitch was fixed only in the Japan Blue as well.

The international Red and Blue are identical to the Japanese Blue, except they used Japan's Red/Green version exclusive Pokémon instead.

Sora de Eclaune said:
DjoeN said:
Isn't Pokémon LeafGreen version a reworked GBA version of the not released Japanese green ?
Actually, LeafGreen is a remade version of Pokemon Blue.

No.
FireRed and LeafGreen are remakes of Red/Green.

QUOTE(Luna @ Aug 18 2011, 04:59 AM)
QUOTE(Schlupi @ Aug 15 2011, 06:19 AM)
QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Aug 14 2011, 11:12 PM)

tongue.gif

http://www.hexworkshop.com/

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(Sir VG @ Aug 15 2011, 05:26 AM)

QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Aug 14 2011, 11:49 PM)

QUOTE(Schlupi @ Aug 14 2011, 10:19 PM)

tongue.gif

The games are virtually the same, though.

Red, maybe. Blue, no. There's a couple of major glitches that were fixed when Japan Blue was done, like the "get 2 pokemon before you get the Pokedex and the game won't let you continue" glitch. I also believe the Dokokashira door glitch was fixed only in the Japan Blue as well.

The international Red and Blue are identical to the Japanese Blue, except they used Japan's Red/Green version exclusive Pokémon instead.

QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Aug 15 2011, 01:36 PM)

QUOTE(DjoeN @ Aug 15 2011, 03:19 AM)
Isn't Pokémon LeafGreen version a reworked GBA version of the not released Japanese green ?

Actually, LeafGreen is a remade version of Pokemon Blue.

No.
FireRed and LeafGreen are remakes of Red/Green.

QUOTE(Luna @ Aug 18 2011, 04:59 AM)

QUOTE(Schlupi @ Aug 15 2011, 06:19 AM)

tongue.gif

http://www.hexworkshop.com/

Sorry, lost track of this topic ;d (forgot where it was, and I just found it now).

I think I need a small guide just to get the hang of it. After that I might get it done before christmas ;d

D

Deleted-236924

If you seriously are going to try and edit the sprites of the Pokémon back to what they were in the original Red/Green, then here are some patches that will give you a good start: http://filetrip.net/f26466-Pokemon-Blue--Green-patches-1-0.html

All that is left for you to do is edit Cerulean Cave back to what it was in the original Red/Green and change the sprites of Pokémon.
(I think you should also change the sprite of Red as he appears on the titlescreen.)

You probably would want to edit the SGB border, because otherwise someone who would play on a Super Gameboy-enabled emulator (or even on real hardware) would still see Pokémon Blue SGB borders.

D

Deleted-236924

I've started hacking Blue to turn it into Green.
I just need to find out how I gotta edit the pointers for the current sprites and I'll be okay.

Nevermind that, I actually found out I could just extract the compressed sprites from a Pokémon Green rom and then insert them in place of the current sprites in the Blue rom.
I actually wrote a program that calculates the offset of the Pokémon's sprite for me.

level42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've started hacking Blue to turn it into Green.
I just need to find out how I gotta edit the pointers for the current sprites and I'll be okay.

Nevermind that, I actually found out I could just extract the compressed sprites from a Pokémon Green rom and then insert them in place of the current sprites in the Blue rom.
I actually wrote a program that calculates the offset of the Pokémon's sprite for me.

I'd be very interested in helping you with this project.

D

Deleted-236924

Find a way to bypass that error I get whenever I try to look at a Pokémon's summary, then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-