pokemon green english rom patch?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Super Vegito, Aug 26, 2013.

?

PLEASE DO NOT POST ROMS

1. OKAY

72.7%
  2. NO

54.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Super Vegito
    OP

Super Vegito Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    where can i find the english patch for pokemon green cause i need one the patch i tried that i found here has some random character which i cant understand so please give me a english patch

2. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    Romhacking.net

3. Super Vegito
    OP

Super Vegito Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    that makes my visualboy advance to crash

4. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Québec
    either try blue or leafgreen

5. Super Vegito
    OP

Super Vegito Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    nvm you can close this anyways

6. Alexander_86

Alexander_86 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    Argentina
  7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Oh hey I worked on that :D

I would however recommend this one, as it is a far more accurate re-creation of the original Green..
    (Download link has been removed because there were bugs and will supposedly be re-uploaded once those are fixed, but in the meantime I have uploaded mirrors to my dropbox here.)

If author sees this mirror and wants me to take it down then feel free to let me know.

Know that it was taken down because there were bugs. I don't know how serious the bugs were, but if it was anything game-breaking at least you knew.

That being said you bumped a year and a half old thread. Chances are they either 1) don't care anymore or 2) found what they needed already.
    But I guess this might be useful for if someone randomly stumbles upon this thread by google search.

Last edited by Ammako, Jan 2, 2016
  8. Alexander_86

Sep 23, 2010
    Argentina
    as far as I know that was the last patch shane release, so I guess people can play it without bugs, cuz I was a beta tester my name is at the credits, so now pokemon fans can try it out and check and report the bugs in this thread, the link i provided is revision D yours is A and I'm Alexander_13 in the readme or 86 in this and other forums lol

Last edited by Alexander_86, Jan 2, 2016
  9. VinsCool
    This message by VinsCool has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jan 11, 2017.
    Jan 2, 2016
  10. GhostLatte
    This message by GhostLatte has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jan 11, 2017.
    Jan 2, 2016
  11. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    this is wrong , pokemon Aka and Midori (red and green) was released in japan, then comes the Aoi (blue), from this "blue" were made english Red and Blue , technically, red&green does not exist in western version, only blue and a blue with modded events (not sure if the actuall "blue" have the same events of japanese one)

oh good 2004... 12 years already

Last edited by Sliter, Jan 2, 2016
  12. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Oh you're right, I actually downloaded it and it -is- Shane's patch.
    Wonder why you used screenshots from the other one when uploading it though.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/876/
    Screenshots were taken from there

But this is Shane's patch:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1457/

That's why I thought the one you linked to wasn't the right one.

http://hax.iimarck.us/topic/729/
    I intended on trying to do it on my own but in the end it turned out everyone else did most of the job in my place >.> <.< it turned into a community project haha so I just listed Skeetendo Inc. as the creator and other people got credit for most of the work.

Shane's work however is far more complete and re-creates the original Green down to every single detail.

13. Alexander_86

Sep 23, 2010
    Argentina
    Yes I put that first link cuz to tell other people it was a similar patch to shane but anyway, I should edit the post with other pics and stuff but in the meantime download the file and enjoy it remember people patch a blue rom
    - Pokemon - Blue Version (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced) [No-Intro]
    - Pokemon - Blue Version (UE)
    with this green patch and done.
    Enjoy green and if you found bugs report in this thread so we can tell shane to fix them.

http://www.zophar.net/hacks/gb/pokemon-blue-edition2/Pokemon-Green-English-870.html

Last edited by Alexander_86, May 29, 2016
  14. JulianoFdeS

JulianoFdeS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2016
    Brazil
    Alexander_86, have you the .ips (REV D) of Red and Blue Version too? Shane posted in a thread on board2 but the links are down. I want so much to play this classic and the three versions at the same time (I want to trade with myself, of course) because the first generation is my favorite, and I want to have the same gameplay experience that the japaneses had. Of course, I can to collaborate in find bugs and report it too, I would love to help. (Sorry with any english mistakes, not my native language).

Last edited by JulianoFdeS, Jul 24, 2016
  15. WiiHackNewbie

WiiHackNewbie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2011
    Canada
    I hope so. I've been trying to find them for ages (I used to have them, even. Should never have deleted them).

16. JulianoFdeS

JulianoFdeS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2016
    Brazil
    Oh man! I want so much this patches, I don't understand why Shane have deleted them without upload an updated version T.T

Last edited by JulianoFdeS, Aug 2, 2016
  17. Alexander_86

Sep 23, 2010
    Argentina
    sorry guys i got the green only, shane was indian, i chat with him, cuz i was his beta tester but green is nicer cuz green was never translated and red and blue did, so try the green one you won't regret it.

Last edited by Alexander_86, Jan 11, 2017
    Nah3DS likes this.
  18. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Is there a way make the colorization patch work with this one?
    I tried patching a clean Blue rom with the color patch before patching with the green restoration patch with no luck.

19. Alexander_86

Sep 23, 2010
    Argentina
    the indian guy did some in the viridian town with green but here you can check the tools he used.

i pm you the site

20. JulianoFdeS

JulianoFdeS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2016
    Brazil
  21. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
  22. Alexander_86

Sep 23, 2010
    Argentina
    thanks great i will share in other sites