Pokemon GO on rooted device

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
hi,

i'm planning to root and instal custom rom (cyanogen 14 probably) on my LG G3. Is there any way to play Pokmon GO on cyanogen?

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Your comment makes no sense at all... First there was a way to do it, i'm unsure if it still works, second how the f*** then hackers are playing if there is no way to play with rooted phone? I mean, they need to root their phone first to play with cheats. And third what do you mean with POGO is dead? It's not like this is the most playable mobile phone game + Niantic is holding a lot of events this summer...

antiswirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. What you're asking is impossible because The Pokémon Company and Niantic wanted to prevent people from using root access to hack the game.
Besides, Pokémon Go is dead.
Wrong.
You can use Magisk to root your device and still be able to play, also works for other Nintendo games.

Edit: CyanogenMod is dead, LineageOS is the one to go.

Last edited by antiswirl,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Your comment makes no sense at all... First there was a way to do it, i'm unsure if it still works, second how the f*** then hackers are playing if there is no way to play with rooted phone? I mean, they need to root their phone first to play with cheats. And third what do you mean with POGO is dead? It's not like this is the most playable mobile phone game + Niantic is holding a lot of events this summer...
1. If there is, I've never heard of it. Usually things that big are on my Twitter timeline or something. It may not still work, however.
2. A majority of them use Android and modified APKs of the game.
3. It's a joke.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. If there is, I've never heard of it. Usually things that big are on my Twitter timeline or something. It may not still work, however.
2. A majority of them use Android and modified APKs of the game.
3. It's a joke.

Using Twitter for exploits and bypassing root

Gee Gee

Reactions: Deleted-379826

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon Go works on my rooted S6 on Nougat with Magisk installed
it worked on my older rooted devices before aswell without any bypass aswell

Reactions: WeedZ

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, you can use Magisk. It hides to the app that you are rooted and it has something called SafetyNet for those apps that don't let you use them on a rooted device.

I know because I've tried it yesterday. The only thing that it bothered me was the fact that it was running slower than before. But I don't know why.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have Cyanogenmod 14, which is now LineageOS you can just disable root in the settings before opening the game and then re-enable it after you're done playing. Absolutely no problem, that's how I use banking apps.

Reactions: WeedZ

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you have Cyanogenmod 14, which is now LineageOS you can just disable root in the settings before opening the game and then re-enable it after you're done playing. Absolutely no problem, that's how I use banking apps.

Wow this seems interesting. Can you give me more details how to disable it so I don't have look around.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to the idiots. Yes u can. Using rooted lgg3 d851 with custom ROM and root. On nugget and can play go no problem

Using pixel ROM from XDA. Latest magisk. And results are pogo good to go. Can even still GPS spoof

Last edited by Sanoblue,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Feel free to post your instructions here. I do not need GPS spoofing. Just custom rom so my phone can handle more easily this game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM