Pokemon GO on rooted device

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
When Pokémon Go orginally started blocking root devices, that was my cue to stop playing. It was never that good of a game, and I wasn't aware people still played it.

Pokemon Go seems to be holding really well since they are hosting real life event next weekend and a lot of new things in following weeks and months

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Go seems to be holding really well since they are hosting real life event next weekend and a lot of new things in following weeks and months
The daily active users dropped from nearly 29 million to 5 million (as of April), so regardless of how you feel about Pokémon Go, it's definitely not "holding really well."

D

Deleted User

First of, it depends on the phone and OS you'll be using. Some roms have a root hiding feature by default, while others don't. Then, if you're going to use one that doesn't have one, you'll need to see if it is compatible with Magisk.
I'm using Magisk with stock rom on a Galaxy S5. Because it is a Samsung, I had to enable the core only option in Magisk due to Samsung using KNOX, I believe.
You don't need to select it in Magisk hide, since Magisk passes the SafetyNet test, but you will have to enable it to certain apps or games.
The only problem I have is that sometimes when rebooting the phone it disables core only mode for some reason, and I have to enable it and reboot again. I'm sure there's a fix for this, but I never remember to search for it when I have time.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
CM 14.... CM is dead mate; you should consider Lineage OS instead.

On the other Hand, you can use Magisk Hide to to hide ROOT from P:GO

EDIT:

I am using a Nexus 6 with a slightly older Nightly of LOS. I no longer use Magisk, because I have no need for it.
But I do know it works, for a fact. It's extremely simple to setup as well.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.