Gaming Pokemon Gen V titles announced

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
1,187
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
225
Country
Canada
Well, it seems the titles of the first two Generation V games have been announced.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

pokemonblackwhite.jpg


Yep... they're going back to basics. Pokemon Black & Pokemon White. I've got to admit, I kinda like it. After all the silly speculation about Dawn/Dusk, or Jade/Opal... this sounds pretty damn cool.
smile.gif


Sadly, that DS logo pretty much cements the fact these games won't be for the 3DS. Dissapointing.
 

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
1,550
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Cornwall
Website
Visit site
XP
211
Country
I just hope they update the graphics more
unsure.gif
I'm starting to get bored of the same thing over and over even if it is changed slightly each time it's not enough.
EDIT:-
But I doubt it now that I've seen they "should" be coming out this year? (I think) it'll probably be hg/ss graphics =/ how sad.......the logo's also kinda suck I don't like the pokeball with pokemon written in it.
 

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Member
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
7,698
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
1,708
Country
United States
I never expected this either. It has the potential to be considered racist by some people.
They should have just named them Light and Dark; hell, maybe the US version will be changed to those.
 

.Darky

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
1,266
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Lima
Website
Visit site
XP
820
Country
Peru
I'm ok with this. I like the logos too.

Now I just wonder what kind of Pokemon designs Nintendo will come up with this time.
 

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
5,066
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Walking the path of heaven
XP
2,189
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
The title looks nice...I wonder what it's about. Can anyone try to translate it?
There's not much about it. More info on the 15th of April.

Plus there is still a chance that it can be made for the 3DS. I mean, it was announced not even 2 weeks ago, there isn't an official name for it or a logo so you never know.
 

431unknown

Greatness Awaits
Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
2,057
Trophies
0
Age
45
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
647
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I never expected this either. It has the potential to be considered racist by some people.
They should have just named them Light and Dark; hell, maybe the US version will be changed to those.
why? balck and white are not seperate races, there is only one race the human race, and every man, woman and child on this planet can be geneitically traced back to african roots. i can't understand why when the word black is used to describe and african american they get pissed or upset when at the same time they claim to praise their african heritage? be pissed at god or geneticts for that.

looking forward to the new games btw.
 

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
5,066
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Walking the path of heaven
XP
2,189
Country
United States
431unknown said:
DeMoN said:
I never expected this either. It has the potential to be considered racist by some people.
They should have just named them Light and Dark; hell, maybe the US version will be changed to those.
why? balck and white are not seperate races, there is only one race the human race, and every man, woman and child on this planet can be geneitically traced back to african roots. i can't understand why when the word black is used to describe and african american they get pissed or upset when at the same time they claim to praise their african heritage? be pissed at god or geneticts for that.

looking forward to the new games btw.
Mega Man Battle Network 3 was originally MMBN3 Black & White but they changed it over here to Blue & White.
 

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
706
Trophies
0
Age
25
Location
California
XP
200
Country
United States
Lmao if they give the black version better pokemans...

Remember how the yellow version of Pokemon was better than blue and red?
rolleyes.gif
 

GreatZimkogway

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
2,141
Trophies
0
Location
Senkai
XP
512
Country
United States
431unknown said:
DeMoN said:
I never expected this either. It has the potential to be considered racist by some people.
They should have just named them Light and Dark; hell, maybe the US version will be changed to those.
why? balck and white are not seperate races, there is only one race the human race, and every man, woman and child on this planet can be geneitically traced back to african roots. i can't understand why when the word black is used to describe and african american they get pissed or upset when at the same time they claim to praise their african heritage? be pissed at god or geneticts for that.

looking forward to the new games btw.

Because the US is gay like that
 

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
1,187
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
225
Country
Canada
Arwing789 said:
Lmao if they give the black version better pokemans...

Remember how the yellow version of Pokemon was better than blue and red?
rolleyes.gif

That was kinda the point... it came out a year later, and had GBC-enhancments.

I'm guessing that Black will be the more popular version, in terms of sales... like Red, Silver, Ruby, and Diamond before it.
 

Mav180

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Aug 10, 2007
Messages
18
Trophies
0
Location
San Jose, California
XP
115
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
Arwing789 said:
Lmao if they give the black version better pokemans...

Remember how the yellow version of Pokemon was better than blue and red?
rolleyes.gif

That was kinda the point... it came out a year later, and had GBC-enhancments.

I'm guessing that Black will be the more popular version, in terms of sales... like Red, Silver, Ruby, and Diamond before it.
He was making a joke. A derogatory term for Asians is "yellow".
 

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
1,187
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
225
Country
Canada
Mav180 said:
TM2-Megatron said:
Arwing789 said:
Lmao if they give the black version better pokemans...

Remember how the yellow version of Pokemon was better than blue and red?
rolleyes.gif

That was kinda the point... it came out a year later, and had GBC-enhancments.

I'm guessing that Black will be the more popular version, in terms of sales... like Red, Silver, Ruby, and Diamond before it.
He was making a joke. A derogatory term for Asians is "yellow".

Ah, of course. Americans
rolleyes.gif


Being Canadian, I've had almost zero exposure to any of the more obscure, or archaic. derogatory slurs. I've heard that one before, of course, but it's about the last thing that'll ever come into my mind at the mention of the word "yellow".
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: thursday has to be the most useless day of the week