OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I was recently playing through Pokemon Pearl Version. After playing through FireRed and Black, I noticed something that annoys me greatly. GEN IV IS AS SLOW AS CRAP. Battle movements take forever, not to mention that every single thing feels like its moving is slow motion. Does anyone else have this gripe, or nitpick, or am I just crazy?

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I didn't notice, then again, I played through diamond multiple years ago :P

Max out text speed and turn battle animations off? :)

Oh, also are you on your DS or an emulator like desmume? Everything runs in slo-mo for me on desmume (old PC)

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't notice, then again, I played through diamond multiple years ago :P

Max out text speed and turn battle animations off? :)

Oh, also are you on your DS or an emulator like desmume? Everything runs in slo-mo for me on desmume (old PC)

Nope. I do have animations off, and text speed set to fast. I'm playing on a legit cart as well. I guess I've just been spoiled by newer games flowing much faster. XD

Reactions: BortzANATOR

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive heard rumors about this, but never saw anyone else that noticed.

Thats the first thing i was worried about in the Gen VI. (its gen 6 right? the new 3D one?) I was worried that things are just going to turn into Pokemon Stadium. Looks really really cool, but battles take forever. I guess the problem is rectified in gen6 according to some vids from game explain on youtube. Which is good, no one wants drawn out battles when you are trying to grind.:bortz:

D

Deleted-236924

That only really applies to Diamond and Pearl, Platinum and HG/SS don't have that problem.
Also, keep in mind Gen IV runs at 30 FPS, Gen III ran at 60.

Reactions: gifi4

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, in D/P there is a longer pause than normal with releasing a Pokemon out of the ball and before an attack animation. if you go back to D/P after playing one of the faster games it seems way to long.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this issue doesn't exist in Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I never had Diamond or Pearl and went straight to Platinum, so this issue never bothered me, though I was aware of it.

Side note, doesn't anyone else think that Platinum should have been the third title in the Gold/Silver series and then Crystal should have been the title for Diamond and Pearl. I really feel like the got those flipped, and its always bothered me.

Reactions: Sagat

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this issue doesn't exist in Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I never had Diamond or Pearl and went straight to Platinum, so this issue never bothered me, though I was aware of it.

Side note, doesn't anyone else think that Platinum should have been the third title in the Gold/Silver series and then Crystal should have been the title for Diamond and Pearl. I really feel like the got those flipped, and its always bothered me.

You are not the only one...

I never understood what the heck a "crystal" (and a generic one, at that) was doing with two precious metals. Then D/P came out (precious ROCKS) and then they use a precious metal as the 3rd. WTF GAMEFREAK

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
while platinum was slightly faster than diamond and pearl, it is still slow. to be honest, even b/w 1/2 feel too slow for me. I I just wish they'd give us some more control on battlespeeds. like playing with animations but being able to skip them if desired. being able to skip the damn exp bar. or being able to skip the hp bar decreasing. sometimes i wish these games just gave me a number pop up like in dragon quest.

Reactions: Slamicite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls