Homebrew Pokemon Diamond sav acting strange using no$gba

uchiha_951

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I am new here but i know a bit about DS's and electronics. Well I backed up my original pkmon diamond save using rudolphs nds tools 0.31f (wifi) on my original ds. When i did this, i got an error after it had transferred around 508 kb (the actual save is meant to be 512kb). I get a save but its not the correct size. Then i create a save for diamond using no$gba 2.6a and then rename by backed up file to test it out on no$gba. When i did this, the save loaded up at a point which was where i was about a month ago in the game and i've lost all my progress between on the save. When i booted up my diamond on the ds to see if i had lost all my progress, it was the same as it should be and normal but the backed up save is way off. Please help.

Thanks

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using NDS Backup Tool Slot2 v0.4 instead. From what I remember, it saves the .sav from your game to the DS memory, you swap cards, then it saves the file to the cart.

uchiha_951

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a slot 2 card to use
sad.gif

I figured out what happened. this post triggered my memory
http://gbatemp.net/t58238-

i seemed to have backed up my backup sav (the one it keeps incase the primary save is corrupted) instead of the primary sav using nds tools.

Does anyone know how i would go about changing the backup sav to a more curent one or dumping the primary sav ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021