Dery1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
A Japanese magazine has today revealed the Wi-Fi features of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl for the Nintendo DS.

Players will be able to do battle, similar to those in previous Pokemon games, via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection by using friend codes to connect with other players around the world.

You'll need to travel to your local Pokemon Center, head to the upper floor, and speak with the Battle Operators to connect with a friend. Voice chat is yet to be confirmed.

Not only that, but you'll also be able to trade Pokemon with players from across the world.

So far, no other Wi-Fi features have been detailed, but this likely covers all of the online elements we'll see in these two games.

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl will be released during September in Japan, with a 2006/2007 release in Europe and the USA.

Pokemon Tournament anyone?
bow.gif

I'm looking forward to it!

Filb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Voice Chat IS confirmed. There is even a screenshot of it in Coro Coro Comics.
I kinda hope they'll ban all the DS units of cheaters and pirates.
hate2.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm actually a tad disappointed that Pokemon can now be easily traded world wide - message boards will be filled with "DO YOU HAVE A LVL 110 SURFING SQUIRTLE WITH ELECTRIC FIRESHOCK TO TRADE?!" etc.
Not to mention people with the rom will be able to back up their save and trade an unlimited amount of the same pokemon/item to players worldwide - cheating can spread a lot faster because you no longer have to meet up with whoever you want to trade with (I guess animal crossing is in the same position).

But it's pokemon, so I dont really care anyway
tongue.gif

UnknownBeast

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with you about the trading system. They should've made trading only available locally. Pokemon WiFi is gonna be filled with cheaters.

I semi-care about this
smile.gif

Sunain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Voice Chat IS confirmed. There is even a screenshot of it in Coro Coro Comics.
I kinda hope they'll ban all the DS units of cheaters and pirates. hate2.gif

Guess that means you'll be banned too! Like Mario Kart DS, Wifi online is only fun against friends. Suggest only trading and battling with friends that way you won't have to worry about cheaters.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
They could however, implement a system where a pokemon's hidden id is logged and if the same trainer tries to send the same one more than once it won't let them. Hmm.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Going off what I read flash carts is a small percentage of the sales so if 85% of the people out there are using legit carts then maybe Nintendo did not worry about save restoring tricks. Of course the easiest thing for them to do is to stop Roms from going online then the WIFI system would work and people can trade properly. Putting a unique ID per pokemon would be impossible as when you trade the pokemon it would then put the ID blocker on your save. Restoring your old save would bring back your pokemon and remove the ID blocker. The only way the ID Blocker system would work is if Nintendo has some huge database....then again deleting your WFC data would probally fix this? No idea....seems like the pokey kids are fuct. I hope all the damn pokemon are in the game at least.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Going off what I read flash carts is a small percentage of the sales so if 85% of the people out there are using legit carts then maybe Nintendo did not worry about save restoring tricks. Of course the easiest thing for them to do is to stop Roms from going online then the WIFI system would work and people can trade properly. Putting a unique ID per pokemon would be impossible as when you trade the pokemon it would then put the ID blocker on your save. Restoring your old save would bring back your pokemon and remove the ID blocker. The only way the ID Blocker system would work is if Nintendo has some huge database....then again deleting your WFC data would probally fix this? No idea....seems like the pokey kids are fuct. I hope all the damn pokemon are in the game at least.

More than 85% of people will use legit carts. I reckon it's more like 99% most DS owners won't know what a flashcart is

ebcubs03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what was "uncovered" here. Seems like a fluff article to me. And if you guys don't want to face cheaters, then simply don't face them. Only play friends you trust.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
Most people don't even know what a flash cart is, I'd say maybe about 96% are clueless. Take that and the fact that most people with flash carts only know how to download, let alone search for codes or use command prompt to patch a rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol