Pokemon cloning?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sihou1, Nov 12, 2013.

1. sihou1
    OP

sihou1 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2011
    United States
    I was browsing a pokemon trading forum and saw someone giving out cloning services. I searched online and there are people claiming that backing up the nand and then restoring it after trading or putting a pokemon on gts can clone a pokemon. Is that true?

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
  3. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

Nov 3, 2013
    United States
    A hardware mod is better than something that doesn't exist. Yes, you can clone pokemon through some careful playing with NAND backups with a digital copy, but it's a massive pain in the butt to do so.

4. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

Jul 24, 2010
    LocLac village...
    Researched about this XY cloning not long ago. For those with digital versions like me. We all know we can back-up the whole game/save file/etc on a hard drive. They backed-up a save file containing 6 mons with items. Traded with another trainer. Then they copied the back-up files again. Too bad the 3DS game them a error. The save file didn't load correctly. I didn't try it myself because backing-up my files for this is such a hassle.

5. Edgarska

Edgarska GBAtemp Fan

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    The reason it doesn't work is that the 3DS checks that the save being loaded is the last one created, so copying to a PC then copying it back after trading a pokemon will not work.

6. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

Nov 3, 2013
    United States
    That error can be skirted around with nand backups.