ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

G_Sylar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm hoping I'll be able to make it so it's like BW in that they're infinite without having to shove them in key items, but elementking tried before and he wasn't able to do it =\ I'll look into it, but if all else fails I'll just give multiples, yeah.

There will indeed be stationary legendaries, they're in Spirit Gold already. Starters I'm trying to decide what to do with, since I'd rather someone gave you them to be honest. What I don't know is like what point in the game, whether you should just get one from each region (to begin with) or all three at once, etcetera.

I was also considering making the starter an Eevee. The problem is that it means Silver only gets one team as opposed to three (because HGSS does things a little differently in the way it selects which rival battle is done) which might not necessarily be a problem, but gives a little less variety on new playthroughs.

Cool. I like the Eevee idea too. You could come up with 2 other pkmn if you want to have variety in rival's team.

If I remembered correctly, you had other pkmn like Porygon given to the player, right? And maybe the starters could be given to you in the town that Ash caught them?

Also, do you have any other surprises in mind?

[A lot of questions, I know : D ]

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno, I just kind of see Eevee as a solo thing, haha. That said you still pick from three Eevee, but it actually has some sort of variable check that uses the starter IDs to pick the rival fights in HGSS, and that seems to be linked to something I'm not able to edit, I think.

Pory was actually wild in SG, haha, it was just lying in front of one of the bits in the Goldenrod Underground, though it was given to you in FR Omega. If I gave the starters in those locations, you'd have to wait until Kanto, and that would take aaaaaaaages.

Hmm, I don't know what else. Questions are fine, helps me to iron out things! Well, I was hoping to get the gym leaders a bit more involved, like with BW where you seea ll of them outside the gym at various points, but I dunno how to go about doing that exactly.

G_Sylar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can't you do it like BW? Are there limitation in HGSS editors?

I had an idea about Mewtwo: You could create a person next to him and with him controlling the trainer with telepathy you could have to win him in battle [kinda like the first movie] before you can capture him.

Will you open a thread somewhere about it as here we are somewhat offtopic?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I can do it in HGSS fine since you can actually script, it's more I'm just thinking about what sort of reasons I can actually give them for being outside the gym. I was kind of hoping I could work the Latis into the storyline somehow, and perhaps Mewtwo could fit in with that too, yeah.

Hmm, I can't say I want to open a thread yet since I don't really like releasing things before they're done and that'll be months off yet. I don't think it's a huge problem anyway, but if you're concerned then just PM me.

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Dray, I might have some idea for your next HG/SS hack : make some sort of "wild boss Pokémon".
For example, let's take Route 1. You could be able to catch a rare wild Pidgeot here, very rare or special (1% rate encounter in tall grass, or as an interactable Pokémon), and of course stronger than the wild Pokémon in the area. Maybe give him an exclusive move or ability to make it even more special.
Maybe, make different boss for the two versions (Pidgeot for HG, Staraptor for SS).

This is only an idea, feel free to improve it if you like it.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd probably make it as an interactable Pokémon, it's not really a proper boss if you can encounter it multiple times no matter how rare it is. =P It's a fair idea, and would give me an excuse to put more overworlds around... I'll consider it. I don't think I can give exclusive moves/abilities, though. I know how to give exclusive moves to things from the Game Corner or otherwise given to you (or at least, I did, need to check up on that) but I'd be surprised if the same thing worked on a wild encounter. Making a specific ability is out of the question though, pretty sure that's impossible with the script functions in the game.

chenboy3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm Drayano can you add in Iron Head to Jirachi's moves?

It's one of the definers of Jirachi (paraflinch ftw) and also gives it a steel STAB to use, instead of Dooms Desire. In gen 4, it could be learned through tutor, so in another update, could you possibly add it in? :)

btw, loving Blaze Black.

EDIT: also just noticed this, for some reason Iris refuses to teach me Draco Meteor. I've gotten all 8 badges, and when talking to her she keeps saying

Everyone, people and Pokemon can get along and be happy. That's awesome!

Cool, but I need Draco Meteor for my contrary Serperior. Could you look into this and see if it is a glitch? Or do I need to beat the Elite Four first? :O

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've yet to find out why my hacks are apparently so good, but haha, glad to hear it then.

Surprised I didn't give it Iron Head already, I'll do so if I need to make another update for some reason. And yeah, Draco Meteor is only accessible after you see the credits. I found out as much earlier >

Mirai101

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help guys. After getting those 50 rare candies I managed to wrap up enough in volt white for me to warrant starting a new game (after backing up my save incase I missed something good!) but now I think I need to get a 2nd DS from eBay since my girlfriend is now playing blaze black. If I can suggest one thing I personally would like to find eevee earlier than lostlorn forest as its always been my fave pokemon and I would of put together a team of all its evolutions but by the point I encountered it I was too attached to the team I was beating gyms with. Keep up the great work Drayano :).

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you really want an Eevee, I suggest to use Pokégen to change your starter's species, so you'll have an Eevee right after getting your Pokédex.
Of course, it would be awesome if Eevees were obtainable sooner, but where ? I don't think there is a good place to put some Eevees in the wild.

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
If you really want an Eevee, I suggest to use Pokégen to change your starter's species, so you'll have an Eevee right after getting your Pokédex.
Of course, it would be awesome if Eevees were obtainable sooner, but where ? I don't think there is a good place to put some Eevees in the wild.
there is route 1 lolz

D

Deleted User

For some reason whenever I load the ROM I instantly get a "Desmume has stopped responding" message and it shuts down D: I just beat the 7th gym I don't want to have to start all over again D:

chenboy3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason whenever I load the ROM I instantly get a "Desmume has stopped responding" message and it shuts down D: I just beat the 7th gym I don't want to have to start all over again D:

It could be a bad cheat that messed up the game. Open up Desmume, disable cheats, then try opening the ROM. You'll have to remove the cheat thats causing the game to get messed up.

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India

It could be a bad cheat that messed up the game. Open up Desmume, disable cheats, then try opening the ROM. You'll have to remove the cheat thats causing the game to get messed up.

he/she must be using heavy/big cheats..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?