ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

JeroFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mochorro said:
I think the game is fine, of course, it depends on how you play. If for example you are always looking for Audinos, then your team levels up too much. I am just beating all the trainers I find, running away of Wild Pokémon, and my team is not overleveled.

This. I rematched the Doctor in Twist Mountain 15 times before challenging Brycen. That's why my team is overleveled.
smile.gif
This game is perfect.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the only level ups and stuff I'll do is an optional patch. Sorry, flygon, but I'm the sort of person who just prefers passable fights rather than excruciatingly hard like aragornbird or Koops.

Plus I've started recording now, and I can't be bothered to do five fights again D=

Norton, that in particular makes me happy :3

And Moch, that's exactly how I intended for the hack to be played, with mostly just trainers being fought as opposed to Audino grinding. Good job!

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Then, there is all the people who want to play the enjoyable way. If you want a challenge, edit the trainers yourself, as I did. Is really easy and you can set the roosters as challenging as you want. Maybe gyms filled with trainers holding six lvl 100 legendary pokemons each or something like that. Maybe make all the unevolved pokes hold eviolites and raising their levels by 10-15.... I don't know..... the sky is the limit (and your imagination and willing to do a little editing).

Don't get me wrong, I made such comments with the best intention. And all the ones that ask for higher levels, let me share my opinion. Higher battle levels means that you get more EXP per battle, wich it means your pokes will be high leveled sooner. Then, you get the same problem again, needing to raise the levels once again and again and again. It happens to me when I edited the trainers roosters on Platinum. I suggest a better (and a more enjoyable) solution: don't play with only 6 pokes, use as many as you can (or wish). It gives variety to the play experience, and keeps the level of your pokes just fine, avoiding overleveling. Another good suggestion is (as someone said before) only fight trainers, avoiding fight wild pokemons.

Following any of this, will gives just the right balance between challenge and enjoy -_^

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hyogman said:
Then, there is all the people who want to play the enjoyable way. If you want a challenge, edit the trainers yourself, as I did. Is really easy and you can set the roosters as challenging as you want. Maybe gyms filled with trainers holding six lvl 100 legendary pokemons each or something like that. Maybe make all the unevolved pokes hold eviolites and raising their levels by 10-15.... I don't know..... the sky is the limit (and your imagination and willing to do a little editing).

Don't get me wrong, I made such comments with the best intention. And all the ones that ask for higher levels, let me share my opinion. Higher battle levels means that you get more EXP per battle, wich it means your pokes will be high leveled sooner. Then, you get the same problem again, needing to raise the levels once again and again and again. It happens to me when I edited the trainers roosters on Platinum. I suggest a better (and a more enjoyable) solution: don't play with only 6 pokes, use as many as you can (or wish). It gives variety to the play experience, and keeps the level of your pokes just fine, avoiding overleveling. Another good suggestion is (as someone said before) only fight trainers, avoiding fight wild pokemons.

Following any of this, will gives just the right balance between challenge and enjoy -_^

Couldn't have said it better myself. I fall into the enjoy category, and while I like having a challenge as much as the next guy but there are some games like pokemon which I prefer to be enjoyable.

Trophies
XP
Country
I play blaze black patch and see some thing no reasonable. And i see you can fix it.
EG:
QUOTE said:
1: Base pokemon: Tepig, charmander, ... dont catch on glass wild. (Nh?ng pokemon c? b?n ? c? b?n này và b?n khác không nên ?? có th? b?t ???c n?i hoang dã. Thay vào ?ó có th? t?o event ?? có ???c. Ví nh? g?p các nhân v?t c? c?a các b?n khác du l?ch ??n và nh?n ???c 1 trong 3 pokemon ?ó.)
2: GYM 1 dont use base pokemon. have some thing not good.( Các GYM không nên s? h?u nh?ng base pokemon mà nhân v?t ???c phát nh? v?t s? không hay mà còn kém hi?u qu? d? gây nhàm chán. Và c?ng tùy theo th?c l?c ch? ko ph?i GYM nào c?ng s? d?ng c? 6 pokemon ch?ng h?p lý chút nào. - có th? khi tái ??u l?i h? có 6 pokemon nh?ng l?n g?p ??u tiên thì s? pokemon nên ?? theo c?t truy?n ho?c +1+2 pokemon là ?n.)
3: Wild pokemon. Very problem. (Tr??c khi có NationDEX không nên ?? Pokemon hoang dã s? l??ng quá l?n nh? v?y 1 map mà s? l??ng pokemon bình th??ng và hi?m lên ??n c? 20 thì s? gây ph?n c?m ch?a k? vi?c b? trí pokemon không h?p lý. Nh? các pokemon côn trùng nên t?p trung ? g?n các r?ng h?n là ?âu c?ng có. hay vi?c vì thêm các pokemon c?a các b?n khác mà thay ??i s? phân b? pokemon c?a nhà phát hành ch?a k? có m?t và pokemon xu?t hi?n ko ?úng ch? so v?i t?p tính sinh s?ng c?a cúng. Hay s? d?ng c? pokedex thay vì ch? làm cho có.)
have many problem other but can talk later.
My english is not good. May be i have some thing wrong with knowledge pokemon and you cant understand my ideas. And i write some in Vietnamese language. You and team can read and go http://translate.google.com for best results.
Thank for patch and read my common.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, hyogman, I forgot to answer your question before. I'd basically do what you are; most likely I'd bump the AI up, make everything high difficulty, probably upgrade the moves and maybe throw in a couple new Pokemon (i.e. evolve the first leader's monkey, give Burgh Scizor, that sort of thing). I wonder if giving Lenora's Bouffalant Head Charge is a bit out of the question..? I might take your offer up :3

To the guy above me, I stuck it through a translator and your three problems are either impossible to fix or goes entirely against the point of the hack.

I agree that the starters shouldn't be in the wild, but it's not possible to do otherwise at this point; there's no tool that allows scripting so it's either in the wild or nothing. Seeing as this is a 649 hack I'd prefer the wild option.

As for the leaders, the starters are there primarily because they fit very comfortably; five slots, five starters, and as far as power level goes they work quite well too. The six Pokémon thing is something I'm not changing, as that's been a staple of my hacks since the start. I'd be breaking tradition if I didn't do that!

Yeah, there's definitely a large amount of wilds crammed, but the whole point of the hack is to allow you to get everything as early as humanely possible (assuming it fits in with the locations). It's not much of a 649 hack if you can't even use half of the Pokémon until after the National Dex is obtained. Where's the fun in that?

So yeah, I can't honour any of your suggestions at the moment, sorry.

P.S: There is no team in this one, it's just me =p

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fully evolved Monkey in the 1st gym may be a little too much. I mean the pre-evolved form was already strong enough with acrobatics

Cease Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just caught a delibird at the cold storage, and I think you might have made a mistake. Instead of quick attack it has... crabhammer. That's pretty hilarious, actually. Also, its other level up moves look correct.

Anyway, I basically just got into Driftveil now. Here's what my team is looking like, for the curious:

Emboar lvl 39
Kricketune lvl 34
Sunflora lvl 37
Heracross lvl 36
Golem lvl 36
Lanturn lvl 35

This team has worked pretty great so far. Emboar has been reliably good the whole way through; it 6-0'd Elesa and saved my ass against Burgh. Kricketune is going to get dropped very soon, but it was a total monster earlier in the game. Sunflora kicks ass, you did a great job with it. I totally didn't expect to even catch Heracross, but it jumped out the first time I walked into the doubles grass by pinwheel forest, so I figured it was my destiny. Heracross is also really good. Golem is as reliable as ever, although I'll eventually drop him too. Lanturn is useful, but it hasn't quite lived up to my expectations.

Anyway, the hack as a whole just seems more diverse than the last version did. The different battle types really helped shake things up, but it was also good that you restricted them to important fights because otherwise it would get monotonous. It seems like everything has been about the right level up until this point also. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...Crabhammer. The errors I make D=

Yeah I'm having a lot of success with Emboar too. Adaptability and the new stats help it quite a lot :3

Good to hear V3 is better.

ps Tornadus/Thundurus are in the shaking grass on Route 10, I made an error in the doc

overmaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm editing trainers and since I love Rotation Battles, I was thinking of making all Gym rematches rotation battles, so this way I can create some kind of high-level hard as hell rotation battles league (I was extremely disappointed with the lack of rotation in the battle frontier).
Now, my question to those used to hacking, how does the AI handle Rotation Battles and things like Protect and Substitute in it? Do they at least consider these moves and other possibilities or do they just go full-retard and switch randomly everywhere?

I know these battles can be fun, but I wonder if the AI won't ruin them.

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have to say the new Tepig Line is doing very well. Out of all the 3 Start changes Adaptibility Flame Charges is a trainwreck to the enemy. Yet to fight Burgh, been busy with stuff but I imagine it should go nuts on him. Great Mod Dray!

Regarding Protect and Detect, The AI seems to spam it a lot.

Maxilimus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'v been playing casually, a bit here and there when I'm bored. I just checked back on here to see that my version is horribly out of date, being 2.0.5. I tried to just use the new one, but when I go to my computer to move Pokemon around, the game freezes. I can go back and still use 2.0.5 fine, but the new version is just messes up.

Im using Desume for emulation, and just opened the save state with the new version when trying. I saw your post about Pokegen, but theres nothing open-able with it...

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sorta feel like I'm flooding your thread with posts but this one is relevant since I just beat Burgh.

Team Ash-Toshi
Level 30 Pikachu
Level 32 Unfezant
Level 28 Dewott
Level 31 Pignite
Level 28 Servine
Level 28 Scraggy

Tranquil and Pikachu did most of the work tbh, Pikachu with a Light Ball and Thunderbolt still kills things. Fun Fight, I really like Double Battles a lot. I can't really complain about the difficulty of it being too easy or too hard since all of my team members are based on Ash Captures and were Modified via Pokegen to do well. So while it may have seemed easy here, if I had tried it with one of my normal use my favorites run I prolly would have had a harder time. That's all I'm saying.

One Last thing before I go, I never used Scraggy before this run and I now see why it's a popular choice. Keep up the good work Dray!

overmaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokegen makes any in-game activity easy, don't use it.
Also don't grind wild Pokemon too much, just go with the flow and the hack should be hard.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
overmaxx said:
I'm editing trainers and since I love Rotation Battles, I was thinking of making all Gym rematches rotation battles, so this way I can create some kind of high-level hard as hell rotation battles league (I was extremely disappointed with the lack of rotation in the battle frontier).
Now, my question to those used to hacking, how does the AI handle Rotation Battles and things like Protect and Substitute in it? Do they at least consider these moves and other possibilities or do they just go full-retard and switch randomly everywhere?

I know these battles can be fun, but I wonder if the AI won't ruin them.
A lot of the switching they do seems completely random, but it's so random it's unpredictable, which makes it quite fun. Most of the time they tend to rotate every turn, but I've had times where I put something to sleep and then they refused to rotate, so my subsequent Sleep Powder got wasted. I don't know if it was intentional or just dumb luck though.

They tend to use Protect/Sub pretty randomly. It works out sometimes, but it's nothing guaranteed.

You didn't mention it but I'll say it just in case - do not bother with Stored Power. The AI is hopeless with it.

bobwuzhere1224 said:
Have to say the new Tepig Line is doing very well. Out of all the 3 Start changes Adaptibility Flame Charges is a trainwreck to the enemy. Yet to fight Burgh, been busy with stuff but I imagine it should go nuts on him. Great Mod Dray!

Regarding Protect and Detect, The AI seems to spam it a lot.
Good to hear :3 My Pignite actually had problems with Burgh, but it was mostly because Masquerain was so irritating to take down. Thanks anyway

Maxilimus said:
I'v been playing casually, a bit here and there when I'm bored. I just checked back on here to see that my version is horribly out of date, being 2.0.5. I tried to just use the new one, but when I go to my computer to move Pokemon around, the game freezes. I can go back and still use 2.0.5 fine, but the new version is just messes up.

Im using Desume for emulation, and just opened the save state with the new version when trying. I saw your post about Pokegen, but theres nothing open-able with it...
Yeah, if you're just carrying on directly than that'll be why; the save files don't match up for some reason. I haven't actually tried the method myself so I'm not sure, sorry :x

bobwuzhere1224 said:
I sorta feel like I'm flooding your thread with posts but this one is relevant since I just beat Burgh.

Team Ash-Toshi
Level 30 Pikachu
Level 32 Unfezant
Level 28 Dewott
Level 31 Pignite
Level 28 Servine
Level 28 Scraggy

Tranquil and Pikachu did most of the work tbh, Pikachu with a Light Ball and Thunderbolt still kills things. Fun Fight, I really like Double Battles a lot. I can't really complain about the difficulty of it being too easy or too hard since all of my team members are based on Ash Captures and were Modified via Pokegen to do well. So while it may have seemed easy here, if I had tried it with one of my normal use my favorites run I prolly would have had a harder time. That's all I'm saying.

One Last thing before I go, I never used Scraggy before this run and I now see why it's a popular choice. Keep up the good work Dray!
Nothing like responding to past and present~ Yeah, I can see Pikachu doing really well with the new stats, so I'm not too surprised about that. Yeah, Scraggy is pretty good, I've used it in the regular BW before and it has some very nice level-up moves.

QUOTE(Holified 2x @ Aug 16 2011, 01:08 AM)
Lol first off my team will demolish yours bob second is it cheating if I used the poke gen to make my pokes shiny
If it's just shininess then I don't really think so, since it's just an aesthetic thing.

QUOTE(socko25 @ Aug 16 2011, 01:13 AM)
My Wartortle didn't learn Aqua Jet @ level 16. Doesn't really bother me but I thought I'd point it out.
Okay, thanks for the report

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Drayano, another report here. The Unknown Value for Morimoto is wrong, because you set it as 39 but the battle type you use is Triple Battle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1