ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought the game on wednesday. love it so far, just beat Skyla and I'm climbing celestial tower for no reason other than battling pointless trainers.
I allow myself to get distracted by all the little things to extend play time though, I'm 22 hours in now.

Reactions: Nxenz and Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
lol, no...

just used the lucky egg the moment i got it till i got to the elite four... then i changed it for a mystic drop (that was the name?)

Mystic Water. Well, can't complain... But I think it's more fun battling with all your pokemon without just seeing the same pokemon's frickin back side :lol:

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the game on wednesday. love it so far, just beat Skyla and I'm climbing celestial tower for no reason other than battling pointless trainers.
I allow myself to get distracted by all the little things to extend play time though, I'm 22 hours in now.
I beat the game at 35 hours. This is the first time it takes me longer than 5 days to beat the game.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry for all of my inactivity. Haven't really been doing much gaming recently.

Well, I have NO IDEA what has gone into me... But I'm really looking forward to a potential RSE remake. This 5th Gen gave us quite a lot of clues. Although these clues could practically mean NOTHING, it's still fun trying to analyze them.

• Cheren and Roxanne bear quite a lot of similarities, besides typing. They are somewhat related to the trainers' school and both seem to be "graduates" of some kind. They are also 1st gym leaders.
  • Why being back HM06 when there is no particular use? The abyssal ruins was fun, but not compulsory and HM06 could have been used in some other areas as well. The only game to fully make use of HM06 so far is RSE.
  • Reversal Mountain, to me, was extremely dumb. Why make it lava and water for Heatran? Lava would make some sense but water? Heck no. Groudon and Kyogre would be better fits.
  • The PWT shows that certain RSE character sprites have already been made into 3D. They could just ignore it, or reuse them in the remakes.
  • Next year will be the 10th year of RS, and the 9th year of Emerald. HGSS was made 10 years after the originals, FRLG was made about 8 years after the originals. RSE is, up to date, the only pokemon game without "3D".
  • Steven: "Hmm. Emerald can be mined in Driftveil City?!"

There's also Resort Desert, right next to a route. There is also a desert in RSE near Mauville next to a route. One trainer in the desert makes reference to the Go-Goggles, an item only used in RSE.

Back on topic, I just defeated Colress in my Jap version and Cheren in the Eng Version. Colress was annoying but by no means difficult. Cheren was just plain pathetic.

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all of my inactivity. Haven't really been doing much gaming recently.

Well, I have NO IDEA what has gone into me... But I'm really looking forward to a potential RSE remake. This 5th Gen gave us quite a lot of clues. Although these clues could practically mean NOTHING, it's still fun trying to analyze them.

• Cheren and Roxanne bear quite a lot of similarities, besides typing. They are somewhat related to the trainers' school and both seem to be "graduates" of some kind. They are also 1st gym leaders.
  • Why being back HM06 when there is no particular use? The abyssal ruins was fun, but not compulsory and HM06 could have been used in some other areas as well. The only game to fully make use of HM06 so far is RSE.
  • Reversal Mountain, to me, was extremely dumb. Why make it lava and water for Heatran? Lava would make some sense but water? Heck no. Groudon and Kyogre would be better fits.
  • The PWT shows that certain RSE character sprites have already been made into 3D. They could just ignore it, or reuse them in the remakes.
  • Next year will be the 10th year of RS, and the 9th year of Emerald. HGSS was made 10 years after the originals, FRLG was made about 8 years after the originals. RSE is, up to date, the only pokemon game without "3D".
  • Steven: "Hmm. Emerald can be mined in Driftveil City?!"
There's also Resort Desert, right next to a route. There is also a desert in RSE near Mauville next to a route. One trainer in the desert makes reference to the Go-Goggles, an item only used in RSE.

Back on topic, I just defeated Colress in my Jap version and Cheren in the Eng Version. Colress was annoying but by no means difficult. Cheren was just plain pathetic.
Well, the only reasons that they remade Gold and Silver was because of the battery life in it and the 2nd generation pokemon. You couldn't trade 2nd generation pokemon to the DS games, so they remade it (also cuz of the 10th anniversary). Since you can send 3rd generation pokemon to DS games, i doubt they are going to remake it. (my friend and i discussed this)

Reactions: Jiehfeng

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, the only reasons that they remade Gold and Silver was because of the battery life in it and the 2nd generation pokemon. You couldn't trade 2nd generation pokemon to the DS games, so they remade it (also cuz of the 10th anniversary). Since you can send 3rd generation pokemon to DS games, i doubt they are going to remake it. (my friend and i discussed this)
Gen 5 is actually a DSi centered gen, while Gen 4 was DS/Lite. DSi removed GBA compatibility.
Although it is certainly possible to transfer the Gen 3 pokemon over to Gen 5, it is a tremendous hassle and will take a lot of time. Not to mention that DS Lites are already discontinued by Nintendo.

Gamefreak, like every company out there who lives by money, wants more. RSE remakes would be instant cash cows without the need of extreme hassle. Besides, Hoenn is the ONLY region left without "3D" graphics, and remaking them would make them more compatible with current games too.

Gamefreak could remake just ONE - and that is Emerald. Maybe on 3DS and marketed as a brand new 6th Generation. Emerald was out on year 2004 in Japan, hence they would have the time to make it possible.

Reactions: VMM and Nxenz

Bleak_Opethian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have already beaten white 2, and want to play Black 2 on challenge mode, with only 2-4 pokemon, what pokemon should I catch? I already have Tepig, and genesect (cause the event is still going on lol) so what others should I get?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey, I have already beaten white 2, and want to play Black 2 on challenge mode, with only 2-4 pokemon, what pokemon should I catch? I already have Tepig, and genesect (cause the event is still going on lol) so what others should I get?
Riolu, Mareep/Magnemite, Arcanine, Sewaddle, zubat.

Maybe not Arcanine since you already have Tepig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P