Homebrew Pokemon black loading save file problem on no$gba!

louis09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right so my game crashed, i started the game back up tried to load the snapshot, it says the rom image has crashed, so i thought i would try load the actual save file for the game (when you goto the main menu and click load game lol), it doesnt come up! it just says new game! whats going on here? any halp appreciated
smile.gif

louis09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was 7 hours into the game, i dont wanna start again! can no$gba save files be converted into desmume save file?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Right, so nobody is going to answer you in an hour, much less the ten minutes before that. If you cared to search, you would find that you can convert no$gba to desmume saves.
Take a leaf out of this guy's book and don't triplepost in one day...(too bad there aren't many options for him to try)
http://gbatemp.net/t227826-snemulds-on-m3-sakura

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
snapshot in no$gba? or do you mean save file?
i don't think snapshots are supported in no$gba for ds games. that must mean why you started in new game again. and no$gba only creates a savefile if o$gba is exited or closed properly. that means no$gba crashing=no save file created.

try looking for the savefile in the battery folder. look for the one that has the same name as the rom. if there isn't any, then there is no save file. start over again.

if you want to convert no$gba .sav to desmume .dsv use this site: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php
or you can try the import backup memory or savefile option in desmume, look for the savefile, select it then restart desmume.

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Don't use snapshot feature because always crash on all NDS games. Snapshot only works on GBA games. To import No$gba save games into Desmume, follow the instructions!

QUOTE said:
1. Open desmume and play pokemon (prepatched version which fixed EXP gain) games.
2. Pause the games in opening menu, then open FILE menu and choose Import Backup memory.
3. Select the No$gba directory and find the pokemon games available on Battery folder.
4. After that, restart the games by pressing CTRL + R and then from opening menu, choose continue and you last saved games from No$gba will appear on Desmume emulator.

You wanna return back to No$gba, repeat step 2 but choose Export Backup memory, from SAVE AS TYPE, choose No$gba save format, change directory into No$gba and then battery and finally type the games name (must to be same). Enjoy playing pokemon games.

ruaridh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im having the same problem, im using 2.6a no$gba and pokemon black us release id 5593
ive put in 2 codes into the cheats, the disable 3d edge marking and load rom and fix saving in no$gba
i saved the game and have the .sav in the battery folder
but when i load up the game again i dont get the option to load or continue in no$gba

i tried converting it using the link from Narayan's post but theres no option to convert to .dsv

i also tried what aspika2219 suggested, importing the .sav into desemu and playing it in there but i have imported, restarted and it still doesent give me the option to continue

id prefer to play in no$gba as it runs better on my computer.

can anyone tell me how to do this or how to get my save loaded on any emulator?

thanks!

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ruaridh said:
hey im having the same problem, im using 2.6a no$gba and pokemon black us release id 5593
ive put in 2 codes into the cheats, the disable 3d edge marking and load rom and fix saving in no$gba
i saved the game and have the .sav in the battery folder
but when i load up the game again i dont get the option to load or continue in no$gba

i tried converting it using the link from Narayan's post but theres no option to convert to .dsv

i also tried what aspika2219 suggested, importing the .sav into desemu and playing it in there but i have imported, restarted and it still doesent give me the option to continue

id prefer to play in no$gba as it runs better on my computer.

can anyone tell me how to do this or how to get my save loaded on any emulator?

thanks!
did it crash?

and about the importing of no$gba savefile to desmume, you didn't read my last sentence.
QUOTEor you can try the import backup memory or savefile option in desmume, look for the savefile, select it then restart desmume.

ruaridh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, thanks for the reply

no it didnt crash, i waited until the book and pen disappeared from above my charachter and it said save completed, then exited no$gba normally

QUOTE said:
and about the importing of no$gba savefile to desmume, you didn't read my last sentence.

yeah i read it it just didnt seem to work for me,
i loaded the rom, imported the no$gba save, restarted the rom, and still no save game or continue option?

i also tried restarting desemu and reloading the rom but no luck...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....