Hacking Pokemon Black cant connect to GTS, get error code 51099

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the SuperCard DSTWO with my Nintendo DSi. I am connected on a WPA2 connection and as far as I'm aware all 5th gen Pokemon games are able to do WPA while the 4th gen games can only do WEP. When I set up the connection it shows up just fine and my C-gear ingame shows full signal, its only the GTS thats giving me an issue.

Any reason this isnt working?

P.S. I do own the game, I just prefer to use my backup instead.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, Gen5 only supports WPA when it's on a physical cartridge in a 3DS Or DSi.
Secondly, WPA2 is different than WPA,
Finally, WEP is the only supported method on flashcards, So unless you can switch your router to use WEP, Then you won't be able to use the GTS.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible to get Wifi compatibility for my game if I just change the security to WPA or do I have to use my real game? Sorry I was confused.

Didnt read completely, so in this case it looks like I have to use my real cart. Thanks for clarifying.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible to get Wifi compatibility for my game if I just change the security to WPA or do I have to use my real game? Sorry I was confused.

Didnt read completely, so in this case it looks like I have to use my real cart. Thanks for clarifying.
Real Black in DS Lite : WEP
Real Black in DSi/3DS : WEP, WPA
Rom Black in DS Lite : WEP
Rom Black in DSi/3DS: WEP

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so am I good on WPA2 if I use my Nintendo DSi and real gamecart or does it have to be WPA? I'm trying to understand if it matters that much as far as connecting goes.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I was gonna say that it's because Black support ended, but I googled it and you still have a month before they stop supporting it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

lets keep it simple, a flash cart only works with wep

if you own a real pokemon black cartridge with a dsi it will work with wpa

now for more complicated answer:

wpa is diferent from wpa2, i am not sure if the real cartridge works with wpa2

why does the flash cart only uses wep, because the current flashcarts do not support dsi mode, this means the flashcart will run in compatibility mode (original ds and ds lite), which doesnt support wpa...
the dsi will assume the flashcart is a ds card, and the pokemon rom will assume it is running on a ds hardware....

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I was gonna say that it's because Black support ended, but I googled it and you still have a month before they stop supporting it.

Now you've made me wonder: are they gonna take down 4th/5th gen Pokemon wifi down sometime soon? I know the dreamworld is being taken down (don't know why that has to go :/ ) but I expected regular wifi services to be active till at least the next console gen. Especially if the 3DS supports DS games.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you've made me wonder: are they gonna take down 4th/5th gen Pokemon wifi down sometime soon? I know the dreamworld is being taken down (don't know why that has to go :/ ) but I expected regular wifi services to be active till at least the next console gen. Especially if the 3DS supports DS games.

After January 14th, the only online things you can do are wake up already tucked in Pokemon (but not put any more to sleep), Pokemon trading in the game, and random Free Mode matches. The dude above linked the notice they gave a while ago in preparation for X and Y.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After January 14th, the only online things you can do are wake up already tucked in Pokemon (but not put any more to sleep), Pokemon trading in the game, and random Free Mode matches. The dude above linked the notice they gave a while ago in preparation for X and Y.
Is gamefreak such petty cheapskates that they cant have both the dreamworld available and global link going? I understand things arent meant to last forever but the dreamworld service just happened last Pokemon gen, were not talking about a decade old service here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1