Status
Not open for further replies.

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys! I started a Skype Chat room for this Translation If you guys are interested! My skype is: helpisontheway3

If you add me you'll be put into the Chat!
biggrin.gif

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saulislegit said:
hey guys! I started a Skype Chat room for this Translation If you guys are interested! My skype is: helpisontheway3

If you add me you'll be put into the Chat!
biggrin.gif
what are you doing in that Chat? are you just talking about when to start and whos doing it and stuff>?

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey yeah pretty much! Just to talk about it and hopefully get someone in there thats thinking of doing it so we can help them out and chat freely! Glen's already in there....Any one else is welcome!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Steveice10: You too
biggrin.gif
But I've been here for a while (post count
tongue.gif
)
GlenMcCarthy1993 said:
I copied victini's japanese name in to google and translated the page and it said that his name is Bikutini could that be right.
That's the correct way of romanizing it, but the "biku" part is supposed to be pronounced more like "vic".

D

Deleted User

GlenMcCarthy1993 said:
I copied victini's japanese name in to google and translated the page and it said that his name is Bikutini could that be right.

Japanese doesn't actually have a character that acts as an equivalent to our "V" so they'll often use a "B" sound in it's place. So in romanized japanese it would be more like Vikutini. Then, when you factor in that his name is supposed to be a combination of the words "Victory" and "Tiny", it just makes more sense to write it as "Victini".

So that's where his name came from. Hope that cleared things up for you.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... @2 above... can you read a single post on here!?!?1?

(i would insult your sentece structure, but since your not from US, u have reason to mess up =D)

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bluebowser31 said:
... @2 above... can you read a single post on here!?!?1?

(i would insult your sentece structure, but since your not from US, u have reason to mess up =D)
Your talking about how their sentence structure is bad? You should check out your own grammar.

Neobenedict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do have an account here but I forgot the password and the email [probably on one of my ancient hotmail ones], so I've been here before.

irc.thefifthera.net
#blackwhite_hacking

Be thar. I've found some things... sort of.

Also; I have no a/2/4/4. Mistake? Or do I just have the wrong rom (white)

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ above: find ossama, or read a book!

lolz jk, but i actualy dont know, i just like making random posts, some that turn out helpful xD

maybe learning japanese? or suing nintedo for giving it to them first? (u might want a good lawyer... and a loan from bill gates... of 20 billion...)

D

Deleted User

As you can tell by my post count, I'm still REALLY new to DS hacking. My hacking experience is pretty much limited to the SNES and Genesis era.

That being said, I am messing around with some hex editors and seeing what happens. If anyone more experienced around here could point me in the direction of ANY sort of tool/editing software that would help in this situation, I'd really appreciate it.

I imagine replacing japanese menu/name text will be easy once I've found an efficient way of doing it, but one problem I can see is that the character limit. Anybody know of a way to increase it to allow for larger words/names?

Jono1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YumeMaxx said:
As you can tell by my post count, I'm still REALLY new to DS hacking. My hacking experience is pretty much limited to the SNES and Genesis era.

That being said, I am messing around with some hex editors and seeing what happens. If anyone more experienced around here could point me in the direction of ANY sort of tool/editing software that would help in this situation, I'd really appreciate it.

I imagine replacing japanese menu/name text will be easy once I've found an efficient way of doing it, but one problem I can see is that the character limit. Anybody know of a way to increase it to allow for larger words/names?

http://rghost.net/520920
Here you go, this has heaps of tools, just google the name of each one to see what they're for.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bobthejoebob: look at your name for starters: and btw, my senteces are perfect, i just dont believe in caps, besides in faces (xD) and that the only necesary grammar is commas and periods.

im thinking about doing a quick translation of the effects (Burn, KO, paralized) if this will help... and if it wont, ill print it out and put it in my ds ;}

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bluebowser31 said:
@bobthejoebob: look at your name for starters: and btw, my senteces are perfect, i just dont believe in caps, besides in faces (xD) and that the only necesary grammar is commas and periods.

im thinking about doing a quick translation of the effects (Burn, KO, paralized) if this will help... and if it wont, ill print it out and put it in my ds ;}
Your grammars perfect eh?

And the reason behind my lack of spaces is because it was originally writen like that when I signed up for something which doesn't allow spaces.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How bout this. Team up, stop QQing about grammar issues and make a good translation for the public. What's the point of fighting with one another? You're going to have to accept that flaming and anger and begging is all a big part of the job. If you can't accept that, there isn't a reason to hack. That's all I've seen so far.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
most of the words I can understand, I would be willing to translate this if I knew how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...