MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
pokemon_black_2_box_art.jpg
pokemon_white_2_box_art.jpg

I want improvements on the battles(Design) but with the limited DS hardware is not possible...
I hope they try a full 3D game.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Watch them announce 6th gen next year and ruby/sapphire remakes two years after that. They need 6th gen first to set the platform of the new engine, mechanics and ruby/sapphire remakes to use those for the 3DS.

It's a little too early as of now asking for a main series Pokemon for the 3DS. You should know how GameFreak does its thing, they made Emerald for the GBA when the DS was out in the Market. Diamond/Pearl came out two years after the launch of the DS, so next year seem possible for a new gen.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Black and White had no Charm? Haha.
The games had their own charm.
Yes indeed. It has got a very deep story compared to previous gen.
Not just the "wanna be a pokemon master and beat the gym leaders!"
Black and White really surprised me in some areas:
  • The legendary came at the very end.
  • Team Plasma is good with hidden evil. One of the most unique teams ever.
  • The gym leaders and elites although at low levels (pre-national) were tough. Really!
  • The battles actually ran at 60FPS if i'm not wrong.
  • One of your rivals is a nerd, the other a dumbass
What really surprised me was Team Plasma. They portrayed goodness (especially N) but the 'evil' (Ghetis) was there. It was very unique and not like others who just gets eviler and eviler.

I hope a 3DS version gets developed though. This game would benefit a lot from the 3DS specs.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Watch them announce 6th gen next year and ruby/sapphire remakes two years after that. They need 6th gen first to set the platform of the new engine, mechanics and ruby/sapphire remakes to use those for the 3DS.

It's a little too early as of now asking for a main series Pokemon for the 3DS. You should know how GameFreak does its thing, they made Emerald for the GBA when the DS was out in the Market. Diamond/Pearl came out two years after the launch of the DS, so next year seem possible for a new gen.
Or maybe the remakes first to try the new hardware and engine and give more time to 6th Gen.

The Shadow Knigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I will bet you that kids playing B/W as their first Pokémon game will find the same charm in them as you did in R/B.
Not relevant, it's a different generation you're talking about here. We're different, we've grown with Pokemon in mind since a young age, so our vision of the franchise is substantially different.

How is our background with these games in any way relevant to the perception the new kids have of the new games? I'm talking about first encounters with the franchise, where the new viewers have no background with the franchise at all. Regardless of which generation that might be.

The most important thing to remember in these "charm discussions" is that we are not kids anymore. This generally makes us less easily charmed.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I knew it! I told everybody the story of B/W had an open ending, and I was damn right. Now to see if there's gonna be new pokemons except for this badass looking kyurem forms.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Or maybe the remakes first to try the new hardware and engine and give more time to 6th Gen.
New gen first, it doesn't work the other way around. Otherwise ruby/sapphire remakes won't be compatible with the new pokemon introduced, battle mechanics, moves, basically everything with 6th gen.

high.kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will bet you that kids playing B/W as their first Pokémon game will find the same charm in them as you did in R/B.
Not relevant, it's a different generation you're talking about here. We're different, we've grown with Pokemon in mind since a young age, so our vision of the franchise is substantially different.

How is our background with these games in any way relevant to the perception the new kids have of the new games? I'm talking about first encounters with the franchise, where the new viewers have no background with the franchise at all. Regardless of which generation that might be.

The most important thing to remember in these "charm discussions" is that we are not kids anymore. This generally makes us less easily charmed.

Nah, sorry, we weren't talking about the same things. Or I least I had a misconception of what you said. But I get that, kids these days are very easily amazed by what they see. Dragons in 3D? Score.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
BTW-

according to:

The two monsters are the black and white forms of Kyurem.

Also since the English site is up, it's possible that there might be an international release/close to Japanese release.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also since the English site is up, it's possible that there might be an international release/close to Japanese release.
December at the latest for the USA/EU, that's a whole 6 months after the Japanese release. So sometime this year is more than likely.
I am guessing September/October. If not, than March/April next year :)
Thats the usual pattern for the main RPG line up.
But you never know what will be up this time around :P

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
December at the latest for the USA/EU, that's a whole 6 months after the Japanese release. So sometime this year is more than likely.
I am guessing September/October. If not, than March/April next year :)
Thats the usual pattern for the main RPG line up.
But you never know what will be up this time around :P
Yeah anything can happen. :P

Going by black/white release dates, they were released in Japan in September and March in the EU. That's around 6 months, so December looks just about right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay