Pokemon battle revolution + flashcards

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by digiblaster, Sep 20, 2008.

Sep 20, 2008
  1. digiblaster
    OP

Newcomer digiblaster Member

United Kingdom
    Right, here's the thing. I have a flashcart with a version of pokemon diamond, and I also have the original cartridge. I want to play PBR, but can't because I don't have the time (or patience, really) to be training up teams of pokemon to battle with. So, I decided on using PokeSav. Which of course, won't work because flashcarts can't connect to wii. But, I have an original cartridge. Also, I have an Action Replay device that will let me back up save files on my PC. This gave me an idea - I could try and load the hacked savefile onto the original cartridge.

Yes, I am aware that I could just trade them between files, but that would be far too time consuming.

Now - the problem. Flashcarts use savefiles with extensions of .sav and my Action Replay uses extensions of .dst. Is there any way that I can convert a .sav file into a .dst file?

Or should I just give up?

EDIT: I have given up. It doesn't seem to be able to read the savefile that I try to load onto the real card, so...
    EDIT2: No, not quite yet...

2. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
  3. digiblaster
    OP

United Kingdom
    Right then...

Followed that link, converted a save file to .duc (or something like that, it was the option for Action Replay), renamed the file to make it .dst (for my AR) and then loaded up the program. Tried to load the save file to the card, got an error message telling me the console isn't connected. I don't quite understand this - The AR was connected fine, when I tried to load the savefile to the AR rather that the card, I got a message about insufficient memory space. Any ideas?

4. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Actually, some Flashcard works fine with PBR. CycloDS for example.

5. digiblaster
    OP

United Kingdom
    Really? Ok.. well, I have an R4DS, and a DSTT. Either of them work?

6. Rowan

Member Rowan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
  7. digiblaster
    OP

United Kingdom
    ... Typical.

8. NonaSuomi

Newcomer NonaSuomi Newbie

United States
    Well, I saw your problem and remembered having a similar problem myself.

Simply put, most flashcarts are 100% INcompatible with PBR, but there is an easy workaround.

Whatever the case, there are a good selection of programs available to backup and restore gamesaves to and from commercial carts, and personally I use Rudolph's WiFi Tool. What you can do is simply take the R4 (or TopToy's) save file, convert it as/if needed, and then send it to your commercial (legal) copy of Diamond/Pearl, which is 100% compatible with PBR.

Nothing fancy, nothing complicated, simply migrate your gamesave to the commercial cart.

PS: You DO realize that pokesav has AR code output, right? I suppose that I may be alone here, but I picked up an ARDS when it first came out just for the heck of it, and it made things like this MUCH easier.

PPS: Also note that there are easily-seen "flags", as it were, that pokesav leaves on your game as well as any pokemon touched by it. This won't affect any online play or anything with BattleRev, unless you REALLY f*ck it up, getting "Bad Egg"s and whatnot, but if you ever intend to enter an official tourney like Journey Across America, or any other Nintendo-sponsored event, you WILL be found out unless you have intimate knowledge of how to manually change the hex values inside the .pkm files and then how to splice them into the games save without the use of pokesav... Just a heads up. (I don't know much more, but pokesav.org is a good place to check.)

9. digiblaster
    OP

United Kingdom
    Firstly, I'm not too bothered about online play, as I probably won't touch it. It was mainly only so that I could play through the game. Secondly, I wouldn't be changing anything drastically (making impossible pokemon), just to save me the time of raising everything.

Have you got a link to that wifi tool? Or a guide of some sort? It doesn't look complicated, but I don't want to mess something up really badly. Thanks!