Pokemon B&W: Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Spenstar, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2010

Pokemon B&W: Translation by Spenstar at 2:40 AM (2,431 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Spenstar
    OP

Member Spenstar "Leave it to me"

United States
    For the past Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, we were able to use TheNewPoketext to edit the msg.narc file and translate the different parts of the Japan version of the games. When Heart Gold and Soul Silver came out we had to copy the file 7 in /root/a/0/2 and then put it in tmp/root/msgdata/ renaming it to msg.narc. I was looking through the Black and White game directory and I think that something similar to Gold and Silver will have to be done to edit the msg.narc file. So if someone has either found where the file is, it would be much appreciated if you could reply and tell us translators where it is. That would be a big help. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. atoxic

Newcomer atoxic Member

United States
    Oh hey I didn't know that. Let's see

...A search shows that all of the files in data/a/ are NARC files. Interesting. Just rename all of them and look through them all. One of them has to be msg.narc

Edit: 0/1/4 is the overworld BTX files, still looking for msg

Edit 2: Don't trust me on this but, I think the most probable ones are 0/0/3 and 0/0/6. They all fit the size (3-6 MB) and number of files (around 600-700) of past msg.narc files. 0/0/6 is slightly bigger than HGSS's msg.narc, totaling at 9MB and 733 files, though it might because the game is longer than HGSS.

3. Aerow

Member Aerow GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A translation already? That is fast.

4. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    there is no translation..

5. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

And as everyone predicted GBAtemp crashes, a bunch of new profiles made, and a bunch of topics regarding the same subject. All of this because of pokemon.

6. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    We don't need the hacking section filled with people claiming to be working on a translation. Keep it in one topic.

http://gbatemp.net/t239786-pokemon-black-a...ite-translation

If you start one and make some actual progress THEN you can open up your own thread. Til then we don't need the section cluttered up with every Tom, Dick and Harry claiming to be doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.