basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's actually pretty easy.

download nds editor (search filetrip)

drag file 2 and 3 into it.
double click and extract all 600+ files.

easy peasy.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
Hatchetball said:
used DSbuff to extract the rom. Now I need something to magically extract a file with no extension >.>(2, 3 - they're not .narcs... wtf)

Kazo, wtf man provide information. Love your work and all but there's nothing some of us can do with a picture and no information on what to do, what programs to use... etc...

Either host the files needed, with the information on how to re-pack them... or give us SOME info... or just close this thread. It's looking pointless at the moment.
Will you calm down and WAIT, patiently. I'm sure he understood us the first time we said it. Just give him some time outside of his other life to update the program, especially seeing as how it JUST came out not 3 days ago. Just go play Black and White until then.
That was the patient me lol - the program is fine. I've got it to open the files but nothing will work as it errors constantly. (The non-extracted into .narc - files - which is why it's error'ing obviously... I know I need to extract those files into narcs... somehow...)

I would go play B/W but they're boring without more doubles/triples LOL

@basher - Yes it's easy, when you know the name of the programs to use :wtf: duh

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTWE-KIWI-DSBUFF-NARCS Pack
This is what should have been bundled on the original post.
This comes with everything needed to make this work.
There really isn't a need for a video.

No I don't want any credit on this it's just a zip file all I did was just stick some stuff together for people who don't know where to find all these programs. So thank the creators.

Thank you basher for finishing my "need to get program" list - If it wasn't for you I'd still be sitting here going "WTF" lmao

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
too late. it's uploading. xD
lol other people will prolly need it.
I would like some documentation on how to repack a rom with the edited narcs. If anyone knows of anything like that, I'd appriciate a link or something. lol
(Not sure if I have to make the final file a "extension-less" file or not)

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now that you guys helped me to get it working... I think i know how to pack it back up.

Using kiwi, once you have overwritten the narc files you edited with the trainer editor, at the top of the programs you go to Tools, and then Make NDS Rom. A popup box should come up. the only thing you need to do here is locate the source folder where all the data that needs to be in the rom will be. Then click on OK.

Give it about 45 secs to a minute and your rom should show up in the main Kiwi.ds window as the name of the folder with the rom data. Done!!! Enjoy!

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
Now that you guys helped me to get it working... I think i know how to pack it back up.

Using kiwi, once you have overwritten the narc files you edited with the trainer editor, at the top of the programs you go to Tools, and then Make NDS Rom. A popup box should come up. the only thing you need to do here is locate the source folder where all the data that needs to be in the rom will be. Then click on OK.

Give it about 45 secs to a minute and your rom should show up in the main Kiwi.ds window as the name of the folder with the rom data. Done!!! Enjoy!
True. Cept your pc must be hella slow, takes me about 2 seconds for the .nds to finish after packing LOL
However... doing this changes the Game ID. (I use a TTDS so it matters in my case...)
So I've had to edit my: usercheat.dat, infolib.dat, extinfo.dat, savlib.dat to the matching Game ID.
I've packed the ROM after all the editing, yet am getting error-=4 on my TTDS.
error-=4 is normally (99%) caused by the Game ID's not matching in the files. -

I'll retry your method, change my ID's, etc - and give it another try.
After 2 tried I've ended up with 2 different Game ID's - both failed with error-=4...
Trying again... lol

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have detailed info on how to pack the files back together? I want to make sure I'm not messing it up. I get "2.narc" and "3.narc" when I pack them back together. I edit the files to just be named "2" and "3" getting rid of the .narc extension, making it a "File" type ...file lol then try to repack..

Any details on the programs used to pack it back up would be pretty sweet, I really wanna get this working.
biggrin.gif

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like it could make the game much more challenging and intresting. Unforuntley I'm having some problems because everytime I try to open the BWTE editor it tells me I need to install one of the following versions of .NET framework v4.0.30319 to run this application. I was following the video tutorial and another problem i'm having is when I extract the selected file it does'nt appear as a folder on my desktop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night