Pokemon B/W(1) Game Sync ID Reset?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Makoto0729, Oct 7, 2012.

Oct 7, 2012
  1. Makoto0729
    OP

Member Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was hoping to sync up my new copy (actual physical!) of Black 2 with my ROM's save of Black, but I'm running into an issue...

Back when B/W(1) were being translated, and I was meandering cluelessly through the moonspeak menus, I attempted to connect to the Global Link with my copy of Black, and got a Game Sync ID code. However, I had no idea how to navigate the Japanese Global Link site, and as a result, decided to just wait.

Then Black 2 came around, and while I really never cared about the Dream World or anything like that enough to pursue it further, I would like the Memory Link to reference it. So I made an account on the US version of the Global Link, and... it won't let me connect, because even though I've been using a real US ROM of Black, when the game sync ID was made, it was a Japanese copy.

Since I never connected that Game Sync ID to a username on the Global Link, I feel like I should be able to delete it, and then using a US ROM, make a US version of my ID... But I have no idea how to go about this.

I've considered backing up my save, deleting it, then readding my save's info, but for some reason the PokeSAV B/W codes I make don't work; they either freeze my game (probably due to being too big) or simply don't work when I push L and R like they should. Even then, PokeSAV B/W doesn't edit things like badges and E4 status, which are necessary for certain Memory Link events...

So what I really need to know is, is there any way at all to get rid of that Game Sync ID and try again with a US version, either through save file editing or something in-game, or anything?

2. Pheinte

Member Pheinte GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I had a similar problem to yours, and the only solution I found was to start a new game and transfer all my pokémon to my new game.

I'm almost sure there's no way to reset your GameSync ID.
    Even if it was possible, I guess you would still end up with a japanese GameSync ID, because even though your game is a US version, the save file is originally japanese.

3. Shadow#1

Member Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    this why its best to wait for the USA versions of the games, this what u get for not waiting.

4. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    Well, if you only want the Memory Link to work, it doesn't seem to matter "where" the save is from. I tried it with my German White sync ID and the US White 2 ROM and it worked fine. Ok, maybe it's different with the Japanese one, but it's still worth a try, no? All you really need is the sync ID from the Global Link site, no need to add your copy or something.

5. Makoto0729
    OP

Member Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried using the ID just straight from the game, but in Black 2 it said that I need to tuck at least one Pokemon into the Dream World in Black 1. To tuck one in, I need to register it in Global Link, and it won't allow me to register it because it's not from the right region. I guess I could register it on the Japanese Global Link and then maybe I might be able to link it to it, but I have a feeling it probably is region-locked in that way and even if not, I still have no clue how to navigate it...

6. yugix

Member yugix Sleepy

Bahrain
    As I read in Global Link, you cannot register your Jap or Kor B/W in non-japanese or non-korean GL. All others are allowed.