Pokemon B/W(1) Game Sync ID Reset?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Makoto0729, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Makoto0729
    OP

Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2009
    United States
    I was hoping to sync up my new copy (actual physical!) of Black 2 with my ROM's save of Black, but I'm running into an issue...

Back when B/W(1) were being translated, and I was meandering cluelessly through the moonspeak menus, I attempted to connect to the Global Link with my copy of Black, and got a Game Sync ID code. However, I had no idea how to navigate the Japanese Global Link site, and as a result, decided to just wait.

Then Black 2 came around, and while I really never cared about the Dream World or anything like that enough to pursue it further, I would like the Memory Link to reference it. So I made an account on the US version of the Global Link, and... it won't let me connect, because even though I've been using a real US ROM of Black, when the game sync ID was made, it was a Japanese copy.

Since I never connected that Game Sync ID to a username on the Global Link, I feel like I should be able to delete it, and then using a US ROM, make a US version of my ID... But I have no idea how to go about this.

I've considered backing up my save, deleting it, then readding my save's info, but for some reason the PokeSAV B/W codes I make don't work; they either freeze my game (probably due to being too big) or simply don't work when I push L and R like they should. Even then, PokeSAV B/W doesn't edit things like badges and E4 status, which are necessary for certain Memory Link events...

So what I really need to know is, is there any way at all to get rid of that Game Sync ID and try again with a US version, either through save file editing or something in-game, or anything?

2. Pheinte

Pheinte GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2011
    Portugal
    I had a similar problem to yours, and the only solution I found was to start a new game and transfer all my pokémon to my new game.

I'm almost sure there's no way to reset your GameSync ID.
    Even if it was possible, I guess you would still end up with a japanese GameSync ID, because even though your game is a US version, the save file is originally japanese.

3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    this why its best to wait for the USA versions of the games, this what u get for not waiting.

4. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Well, if you only want the Memory Link to work, it doesn't seem to matter "where" the save is from. I tried it with my German White sync ID and the US White 2 ROM and it worked fine. Ok, maybe it's different with the Japanese one, but it's still worth a try, no? All you really need is the sync ID from the Global Link site, no need to add your copy or something.

5. Makoto0729
    OP

Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2009
    United States
    I tried using the ID just straight from the game, but in Black 2 it said that I need to tuck at least one Pokemon into the Dream World in Black 1. To tuck one in, I need to register it in Global Link, and it won't allow me to register it because it's not from the right region. I guess I could register it on the Japanese Global Link and then maybe I might be able to link it to it, but I have a feeling it probably is region-locked in that way and even if not, I still have no clue how to navigate it...

6. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    As I read in Global Link, you cannot register your Jap or Kor B/W in non-japanese or non-korean GL. All others are allowed.