ROM Hack Pokemon AP Suggestion (NOT A SOLUTION!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but that is why i specifically made sure i noted that i dont know shit, nor am i trying to sound smart! All i did was state an idea! Also i apologize if i sounded demanding i just knew that if it wasnt officially disproven then it would get way out of hand, and i would be slammed by everyone, as is happening now

vrn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't have to be "officially disproven", you don't seem to get it.

Whether it is 24 or 25 doesn't matter for the sake of hacking the rom. . . either way it makes no difference to what's been tried and what's being tried.

Terce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy smurf, he just tried to raise the point that perhaps the intro screens we're implicitly built into the AP. It's not like people are finding the formula hard coded into the game. That's one of the biggest reason's there hasn't been a patch yet, because the AP is built to interlock and prevent direct changes.

Yes, it is kinda stupid, but it could have some merit as a time based RNG checker. Consider the forge RNG from Golden Sun 2. Not the best of comparisons, but still valid. Golden Sun had 2 RNGs, neither of which were complex. One was the previously discovered RNG for item drops and one was for forged item generation. The forge RNG was never broken, or even well understood, but it's not like there was a concerted attempt to develop an "unbreakable" RNG.

Kid's just bringing up the fact that for all we know the picked, what, say, 4 or 5 different but intrinsically connected variables to check to see if a rom was being used and, surprise it's working.

Give him a break.

Sainiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've personally debugged and looked at the problem. The starting screens don't add anything. However, i did notice that entering certain buildings and such causes the memory exceptions to be thrown more then other things (blahblahblah)... but no, knowing 24 or 27 or any number won't help fix the problem at all. The firmware just has to change how it's handling memory allocations, is all.

Also, Terce, the formulas ARE hard coded and HAVE been found. It's simply that we can't change them because of the nature of the formulas themselves. The issue has nothing to do with the rom at all, simply that makers of the cards decided to cut a few corners in their firmware for how they manage memory allocations.

Edit: I honestly hate calling this AP at all. It's more just Nintendo noticing an existing problem in the cards firmware and using it to their advantage. It feel less of a "Hey let's add in this crazy AP!" and more of "Huh... Look what happens when used on these cards! Guess they never accounted for THAT!"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag