Plugin that WON'T work on 6.60 Pro-C2..?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SoupaFace, Feb 10, 2013.

Feb 10, 2013
  1. SoupaFace
    OP

Newcomer SoupaFace Advanced Member

United States
    So I've recently upgraded my PSP 1000 to 6.60 Pro-C2 and figured I might as well try out Birth by Sleep Final Mix w/translation patch 1.0.12. Sure enough I'm being forced to select things with the "O" button now as the Japanese have been doing for ages. However I am aware that there's a way to change this button configuration using the MacroFire plugin (version 3.2.9) which is the plugin I can't get to work.

I tried using this tutorial to get it set-up, but in that tutorial there was no mention of the "src" folder which appears to contain a lot of important plugin-related data. As expected the plugin was unresponsive without the "src" folder so I placed it in the root of my memory stick and still the plugin was not responding when I pressed both the volume + and - buttons simultaneously.

This is by no means a confirmation that said plugin won't work with 6.60 Pro-C2 cfw, especially since I have no experience using this plugin successfully on any other cfw, but it's still very odd to me that I can't get MarcoFire to work... :/

Just what exactly did I do wrong?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    /src/ is the "source", it's not needed to actually use the plugin.

Make sure you're using a 6.x-compatible plugin. Lots of older 5.x ones needed to be updated or have alternatives written.

3. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    /src is the source code of the plugin. Like Rydian had said, it is not needed.

Think of it like a baking recipe. Why do you need the recipe when you already finished baking? (macrofire.prx is the finished cake)

Did you put a space between .prx and 1, like ms0:/seplugins/macrofire.prx 1

If it still doesn't work, keep in mind that is an old plugin. It is very possible that this plugin is for 5.XX CFW and does not work with 6.XX CFW.

4. SoupaFace
    OP

Newcomer SoupaFace Advanced Member

United States
    It's no wonder it wasn't working because as it turns out I didn't put a space between the "x" and "1". Thanks to both of you for the help since now I can confirm that MarcoFire v3.2.9 does in fact work just fine with 6.60 Pro-C2 cfw.

;)