Hacking pls help

nivram_07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there, i just bought wiikey and haven't installed it yet cause i need to practice my soldering skill first.. and i have a few questions..

1.) how do i know if my wii is ntsc or pal? and what's the difference between the two?

2.)i bought 22 awg wire and a .032 mm solder, are these fine or i need the 30 awg wire and .015 solder?

3.)what installer do i need to download, i've tried to download the wiikey setup disc v1.3 and it didn't go through, i mean the download doesn't start automatically. i also tried the other link and it does the same. any comments or suggestions?

i believe my wii is a d2b, legs cut, so i really need to practice.
this is my first time that will be modding a console.

any help will be appreciated..

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a guess but i'd say your wii is likely an NTSC.. as far as the difference, its mostly two different standards for television displays. if you bought your wii here in the US it'll likely be NTSC, Europe an AUS are i believe the only regions that get the PAL consoles (maybe others but these are most prominent in my memory)

but yeah pretty much if you bought it here in the US unless it was used or imported it'll be an NTSC console. i don't know off the top of my head if theres any markings on the console it self and i can't check anymore as i've replaced my case
smile.gif
. one thing you can check is the firmware version on your wii in the OS... go into Wii Settings and check what it says in the top right if it's 3.1U its an NTSC.

also 22awg wire will "work" but honestly 30 awg is much easier to work with, and i dont really know about the solder as i used what i had on hand on every wii i've modded and i dont really check what it is
smile.gif

the installer, eh i've NEVER ran a wiikey config disk the only disc's i've downloaded and ran was the 1.9g update disc and smash brothers works fine for me without regionfrii'ing the iso. so i dunno.

hope it helps in any way shape or form, i'm tired right now
wink.gif

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK
to be up to date, you need
1.9g disc
1.3 config disc
1 gamecube controller

burn these on DVD-R. 1 each
put 1.9g disc first, then 1.3, turn on region override. from the config disc.
i think your set after that.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
if you have cut legs, i am going to say 99% chance you are not gonna be able to mod it yourself. Sorry but its the truth! Please dont ruin your wii in the process.

I would test on some old network cards, especially with grinding down the chip.. rebuilding the legs is quite hard i find..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F