robriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im new to the forum, and modding.
This was my first attempt so i decided to use a wii-clip with my d2ckey modchip. I installed the clip with the modchip and everything seemed to be going fine, so i tried an original game and it worked fine. Then i tried an image copied onto a dvd+R and it told me that it could not read the disk. The LED's are flashing so the chip is connected, or so i think, am i right? i checked d soldering points with a multi meter and everything seemed fine. I tried with both Nero and Imgburn, both at a speed of X2.4 using a benq dvd RW drive with Benq dvd+r disks.
I would really appreciate it if you could give me any insite as to what is going wrong. Sorry if i seem like a noob, but i am so i would really appreciate any help or insite you could give me.
Could it be i have a problem with the chip? ill post a photo of it, and if anyone notices any mistakes pls point them out (sorry it aint that gd quality but its the best I've managed to take)
Also, i realized that i have one green LED and one red LED and i read about them being blue and red not green and read, is this a problem? And what are the two points on diagonal sides of the black chip and those labeled 1V5, JP1 and JP2 there for? am i supposed to do anything with them?
Thanks for your time
Rob

d2ctz2.jpg

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the backup from the same region as your wii?

I notice you have no region override settings jumpered. It may be worth your while getting the installation guide from the d2ckey website and jumpering to suit your region.

Be careful removing wii-clips, they are pretty fragile.

robriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the backup is the same region as the wii, but should i jumper anyway? and would it really show that the disk is unreadable if i did not put on any region override?
Thanks yet again

robriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read that +r are the best, but im gna try -r too, and does the brand of d DVD or DVD rw drive make a difference? because i couldn ifnd any of the good brands of dvds so i bought some the same as my drive thinking they would work

robriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so small update, i tried using verbatim, but they still are not working, got any more advice? im thinking its something wrong with the dvd and how im writing the backup image to the disk, because the leds on the d2ckey work, would i be right?

robriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, the LED do light correctly, i think i have a problem with when im writing the back ups to dvds, could you give me step by step like in detail instructions to writing the backup image to dvd, nd what dvd you use. And also do you need a special dvd burner to burn the backup image?
thanks big time!
Rob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi